First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, new to the Civic family as of mid January, 2020 coupe sport Agean Blue, 6mt. I first noticed how the front map lights dont come on with the doors, during my process of finding a solution here which there is many, I came across how everyone is stealing the Homelink controller from the Accord or Odyssey console and transferring that over. I like the idea of this as I was considering buying the Homelink mirror, but buttons you press daily on a mirror seems kinda counter intuitive as you would need to keep adjusting your mirror every once in awhile. While perfectly fine of a solution I noticed the Accord console is a tad longer and has a holder for sunglasses. I've done the same thing before with my 06 Silverado and a 1999 suburban roof console and don't mind cutting holes in my roof liner.

My question is, is there enough room above the headliner and/or give in the headliner to allow for a longer Accord console to fit? I do not have a sunroof. I figured I can kill 3 birds with one stone here, Homelink, map lights, and have an extra storage compartment while I'm at it.

I have included a picture showing the curve that concerns me, obviously that curve is to allow for the sunroof, which I don't have. So the thought is I COULD pad the headliner down a bit to line up better with the console if it'll support it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200204_112102
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update, for anyone doing this mod, the 2020's at least have an updated map light holder, a new design will make normal pin modding difficult. i think they changed the design to be safer in the event of a crash so you don't have as much exposed metal. Does anybody have a diagram of the pins for this door switch / Sunroof switch as well? i do NOT have a sunroof so i'm working with limited cables. I'm beginning to think this mod may be fruitless and fishing a wire from the dome light might be the best option. there appears to be enough room for the sunglasses holder thing, though there is no support for the rear of the console in the roof.

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200215_144828

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200215_144850

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200215_151843

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200215_151903

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200215_232402

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200216_093818

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly abandoned it for now.. i am still 95% sure it will work, but the only things i can see going wrong are 2 things

1: The curve of the headliner is worrying me that it will pull itself out of the small area in which the trunk end of the trim must rest on, there is no screw holes for it to screw into for support. potentially Leaving an unsightly edge of exposed foam padding.
Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses IMG_20200215_225442

2: The Roof support bar that runs from driver to passenger side may hit the curved portion of the trunk end of the sunglasses shell
Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses roof console Curve.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses support bar 1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Accord Roof Console in Civic Coupe X for Homelink, Maplight fix, and sunglasses support bar 2.JPG

I've measured 8-10 times both in depth, width, height.. it's so close to me, but I'm not confident enough to take a box cutter to my roof liner to find out. I'd be more than happy to find a junker and test fit it there, but the odds of finding a coupe in a junkyard without a sunroof is going to be difficult at this time.