icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
Would there be any benefit from swapping out the plastic si end links for the metal accord ones??? I would like to think there is some Structural benefit from them being metal… although maybe the Plastic allows for slight flex
Sponsored

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
P/N on the Accord parts by chance?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Would there be any benefit from swapping out the plastic si end links for the metal accord ones??? I would like to think there is some Structural benefit from them being metal… although maybe the Plastic allows for slight flex
Personally, I'd just save up and look for a Type R sway bar that comes w/ the end-links. Been a while since I looked, but I was able to get an R bar w/ the endlinks from a part out company on eBay for like $125.

SkittleSi

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 1999 Honda Accord V6
Country flag
Personally, I'd just save up and look for a Type R sway bar that comes w/ the end-links. Been a while since I looked, but I was able to get an R bar w/ the endlinks from a part out company on eBay for like $125.
I've been wondering. Is the type R sway bar better or on the same level as a whiteline sway bar? I'm assuming the end links on the R are of the same construction as the Accords if not the same part.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I've been wondering. Is the type R sway bar better or on the same level as a whiteline sway bar? I'm assuming the end links on the R are of the same construction as the Accords if not the same part.
IMO, sway bars are sway bars as long as the fit and finish are good. Yes, some aftermarket ones are adjustable, which can be nice. The CTR endlinks are steel whereas the Accords are aluminum, but if they are good enough for the CTR, they're good enough for my Si.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only if you upgrade rear bar you need stronger links. Cuz the bigger bar transfers more load. Accord ones are nice. I have with whiteline. If you go bigger bar and no end links upgrade that’s a problem. But I have seen people with stock front bar break OEM front links. They are flimsy. Whiteline coatings are also not the best if you live in winter areas.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Sorry for the highjack but,
I have a 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 RSB with Accord end links $20
This will fit all civic 4D except CTR
Pick up only 90640
Delete if not allowed.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
is this a worthwhile upgrade if you never really intend on tacking your car to the track?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is this a worthwhile upgrade if you never really intend on tacking your car to the track?
If you're not tracking, and if you're not planning on upgrading the FSB too, the CTR RSB might actually be a better option than an aftermarket like eibach or whiteline. If changing just the RSB to something really stiff and leaving front stock, the car will be more imbalanced and definitely rotate easier. When I had eibach RSB on stiff with accord end links before I installed FSB also, the car would rotate easy just lifting off the throttle in a corner. If doing and adjustible like eibach or whiteline I'd recommend the softer setting if not paired with a larger FSB too.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Any solid bar in the 21-22mm range is good for a daily driver. As @bbeem said, it will loosen up the rear a bit without being overkill. Most cars are setup from the factory to have a ton of understeer and a slightly stiffer bar will help dial that in.

OP
OP
icemansi

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
Not much on tracking, just mountain Carving and occasionally autox
Sponsored