killwilby

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I've got a '19 Sport and I was messing around in the settings twice now and accidentally reset the maintenance minder - I think for "all items' both times (it's way too easy to do by accident IMO). The first time the oil life read 80% and the second it read 60% A1, and now it's reading 100% B. I bought the car in September with 800 miles, now has almost 6,000. So basically, the oil life is now around 40%

I'm worried this is going to get everything out of sync and I really want to be meticulous with the maintenance. Should I go ahead and just get the oil changed? I'm guessing at this mileage that would be the only thing due. I was thinking about getting it changed soon anyway, since most of my driving is in the city with a handful of 200+ mile trips thrown in. I think since it's been reset twice now, it'll reset back to where it's supposed to be if it's reset again when I get it changed?
Sponsored

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
At 6,000 miles, I’d just do a quick oil and oil filter service. Then you’re back on track.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Since 100 years no car have a MM, nobody need that feature to do maintenance on their car.
How to do maintenance in a car is well know, search with Google.
Sponsored