Accident repair and warranty question?

Civic Fan 2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic, 2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I was rear ended the other day and my bumper took some damage. My dealership is affiliated with a collision repair place. Do I have to use that specific shop to get my car fixed? I am somewhat hesitant because of the poor reviews.
Is my car still under the factory warranty no matter where I get the vehicle fixed?

Has anyone else had success with getting an insurance payout for diminished value? I filed a claim with the other driver's insurance since she was clearly at fault.
Thanks!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I was rear ended the other day and my bumper took some damage. My dealership is affiliated with a collision repair place. Do I have to use that specific shop to get my car fixed? I am somewhat hesitant because of the poor reviews.
Is my car still under the factory warranty no matter where I get the vehicle fixed?

Has anyone else had success with getting an insurance payout for diminished value? I filed a claim with the other driver's insurance since she was clearly at fault.
Thanks!
You can have any licensed body shop fix your car and the car should still be under warranty (except for the parts replaced due to the accident). Of course, should there ever be a warranty dispute, it is easier to argue that the dealer is responsible if they are the ones who fixed it. From the looks of the photo and the location of the damage, it doesn't appear that there is enough damage to worry about warranty issues, though.

OP
OP
Civic Fan 2016

Civic Fan 2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic, 2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
So the body shop discovered that there was damage to the rear body panel and reinforcement beam and some other parts. Total amount is about $2600.
I am hoping to get a diminished value claim from the other driver's insurance company.
My car won't be ready for another week and I miss it.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
So the body shop discovered that there was damage to the rear body panel and reinforcement beam and some other parts. Total amount is about $2600.
I am hoping to get a diminished value claim from the other driver's insurance company.
My car won't be ready for another week and I miss it.
Just curious how much you were able to get.
Sponsored