Accessorized 2016 Honda Civic Sedan with body kit at SEMA 2015 - first look

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
What exactly does a Wireless Cell Charger do that plugging it in doesn't ? Am I missing something obvious here ?
That, and you don't wear out your plug. Heck you don't even have to plug the phone in - just lay it on the mat. I suppose it could be possible that it will charge up the key fob as well but don't quote me on that.
The Volvo S40 we once had said the battery should never die because it charges up while in the dash...
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
This is provided you have a very current phone, not available on Apple yet, that has this feature.
A lot of Android phones support wireless charging (at least 35 or so). Apple has just never been first with any of their features.

The phone gets a little hot when wireless charging (the phone has a coil inside to work). And not sure about the Civic's charger, but early wireless charging was a bit slow.
And $300 is insane.

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
For once I do not like any of the options at all. I am going to go with aftermarket wheels anyways, so all can pass.
The body kit is terrible IMHO. Looks glued on.

Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Neon Srt-4
You guys think Honda actually reads all these threads and slaps themselves In the face?! lol

:doh:

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
They do read these posts...

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
You guys think Honda actually reads all these threads and slaps themselves In the face?! lol
They do read these posts...
Ya they do. Honda was even on here inviting members to the sedan's LA reveal event in Sept. That's why I hope they've been paying attention to our calls for a 2.0T in the Si (please!) :)

BTW I agree with whoever said the underbody spoiler parts would look better in black. At least then the rubber seal/glue between the part and the car wouldn't be noticeable and look less stuck-on.

ldiaz04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 toyota camry, 2015 Yamaha YZFR3
Country flag
Ya they do. Honda was even on here inviting members to the sedan's LA reveal event in Sept. That's why I hope they've been paying attention to our calls for a 2.0T in the Si (please!) :)
well lets keep calling out for a 2.0T Si.

2.0T! 2.0T! 2.0T!

C'mon guys say it with me, 2.0T! 2.0T! 2.0T! :yes:

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
For once I do not like any of the options at all... so all can pass.
The body kit is terrible IMHO. Looks glued on.
I fully agree. The wheels are OK but nothing I would buy. But the body kit and the chrome are both tacky IMHO.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So Does this mean I can buy car as is and then a year from purchase decide I want rims I can order them have them put on at dealer?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not so sure about the front add ons... maybe on a different color(s). Side and back look fine and i actually really really like the wheels. They remind me of some of the acura TLX wheels. Now, unpopular opinion on my part... i actually like the chrome side accents... i think they balance out the fact the front grill is chrome and it's visually interesting to me. I know most everyone here disagrees, and i don't know if they'd look as good on the coupe, but on the touring sedan they actually look nice to me. Like i said, they bring a sense of balance and design cohesion with the grill and door handles.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Yea I think the side skirts will be popular but the front underbody spoiler is so unnecessary. The good news is the stock design really doesn't seem to need any of these accessories. It says a lot about how good of a job the designers did whereas the 9th gen really needs add ons to look halfway decent and sporty. The Civic X really doesn't need it at all. I think the coupe will even less so

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I wouldn't call the tack-ons on the sides "underbody", they are more like "side blisters" nothing about them are mounted underneath, yech...so Autozone in execution. I actually think a nice, true underbody chin spoiler would look nice.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Those fake front "brake ducts" are probably as aerodynamic as 2 turkey roasting pans bolted to the front. If Honda deleted these and rounded over these "openings" the highway MPG would probably rise 2-3 mpg. In the name of trendy fashion, to excite buyers because race car they give up effortless efficiency gains. The body add ons do appear boy racerish and the chrome adds a jarring Cadillac effect. The more Honda hypes Gen 10 the less inclined I am, but I will reserve final judgement until I see one with my own eyes. Bitch all you want about Gen 9 styling but I love my silver EXL "pod" with the 17" wheels.
Sponsored