ACC sensing issue with large vehicles in the right lane

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I've been having an issue with my ACC. Sometimes when there's no vehicle in my lane in front of me, but there is a large truck (typically a semi) in the near right lane - the car will perceive there to be a vehicle directly in front of me and apply the brakes so as not to pass it. Then after a few seconds it will realize that the vehicle is actually not in my lane, and it will get back up to speed. It's quite annoying.

It doesn't just happen going around curves either (i.e. when the truck in the right lane looks to be directly in front of me due to a left banking curve). Sometimes it happens on completely straight stretches of highway.

I'm curious if this is just happening to me or if others have experienced the same.

I'm sure my dealership won't do anything since it's a difficult issue to replicate and they don't believe me that there's an issue unless they can replicate it themselves. I'm fighting with them currently about my auto-wiper issues. I've had the car in twice and they don't believe me that the wipers run constantly on the lowest sensitivity setting in mist/drizzle.
Sponsored

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I've been having an issue with my ACC. Sometimes when there's no vehicle in my lane in front of me, but there is a large truck (typically a semi) in the near right lane - the car will perceive there to be a vehicle directly in front of me and apply the brakes so as not to pass it. Then after a few seconds it will realize that the vehicle is actually not in my lane, and it will get back up to speed. It's quite annoying.

It doesn't just happen going around curves either (i.e. when the truck in the right lane looks to be directly in front of me due to a left banking curve). Sometimes it happens on completely straight stretches of highway.

I'm curious if this is just happening to me or if others have experienced the same.

I'm sure my dealership won't do anything since it's a difficult issue to replicate and they don't believe me that there's an issue unless they can replicate it themselves. I'm fighting with them currently about my auto-wiper issues. I've had the car in twice and they don't believe me that the wipers run constantly on the lowest sensitivity setting in mist/drizzle.
From what I understand there should be a log in the computer for when this happens and why. A friend had another type of car, and in the fall when leaves blow around, the car would stop. Well they got a dash cam to record it all. There was a turn off unit, before a major update was done.