ACC Problem - Sudden Acceleration While Stopped

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Is the common thread here that in each of these cases you allowed the car to come to a stop rather than hitting the brake yourself?
In the incident I cite here, yes, the LSF brought the car to a complete stop behind a stopped vehicle in front of us. I didn't touch anything until the car decided, for reasons unfathomable, to lurch forward toward the stopped vehicle in front of us. Then I slammed the brakes. Think (hope?) CMBS may also have.
Sponsored

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That's good to know. I don't think I would trust it to control the brake, rather hit the brake to turn it off, then reengage when traffic moves. I was concerned you had hit the brake and it turned itself back on.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
That's good to know. I don't think I would trust it to control the brake, rather hit the brake to turn it off, then reengage when traffic moves. I was concerned you had hit the brake and it turned itself back on.
I've had LSF work correctly to full stop and remain stopped until I accelerated many times. (IIRC, RES is supposed to work the same but I don't think I've ever tried it.) So far, this incident is a one-off for me.

The other, somewhat similar behavior trait, of ACC slowing to a near stop, for somebody in front turning right, and then taking a long time to acquire the vehicle that was in stopped in front of that one and is now visible, while accelerating toward it as though it's not there, has happened multiple times. I don't like that one either, but it's vaguely explainable and consistent.
Sponsored