ACC, Power Steering, Hill-Assist, EVERYTHING GOING BERZERK!!!

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
So today I was doing some snow-donuts... anyway after doing a couple my dash started lighting up like crazy and pretty much you would have thought the car was going to have to get a tow. Ive look over many forums on here with many people experiencing the same thing, running the car hard and everything freaking out. Ive checked over everything and the car runs completely fine, the computer thinks nothing is working however. Ive read that driving it a long distance and turning on and off will rid of this and or disconnecting the battery, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Apparently Honda did not do a lot of testing doing snow donuts. LOL
After reading and doing more research apparently it could be from a bad battery, alternator, or tensioner. I was especially very interested in another thread about the exact same codes being thrown from a bad battery. Im thinking that the battery holder / harness might be a bit loose resulting in the car throwing these codes. Many of the related forums all point to the same thing, driving the car hard and all the sudden it throws a ton of codes. I guess Im going to disconnect the battery tomorrow and let everything reset and see what happens, and also tighten up the battery harness haha.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do a battery cable reset: unhook the positive and negative cables and hold them together for 10 minutes to reset the volatile memory from all the modules.
https://honda.vo.llnwd.net/o10/6565/techtalk/amv160103_720.mp4

Next time, disable VSA completely before doing your donuts: https://honda.vo.llnwd.net/o10/6565/techtalk/amv170802_720.mp4
thanks, yes I ended up disconnecting the battery and the system says “initializing”. It hasn’t gone away yet and I have read you actually have to drive a bit for the system to really get reset. The roads are really bad so tomorrow I’m going to drive around a bit and see what happens. I should have touched the positive and neg together to drain all the power out of the car... so it would reset really good lol.

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do a battery cable reset: unhook the positive and negative cables and hold them together for 10 minutes to reset the volatile memory from all the modules.
https://honda.vo.llnwd.net/o10/6565/techtalk/amv160103_720.mp4

Next time, disable VSA completely before doing your donuts: https://honda.vo.llnwd.net/o10/6565/techtalk/amv170802_720.mp4
Also what’s really strange is that I did have traction control and all that stuff off when I did it. Some people love tech in cars but I tell you what all it does is create more problems lol

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
thanks, yes I ended up disconnecting the battery and the system says “initializing”. It hasn’t gone away yet and I have read you actually have to drive a bit for the system to really get reset. The roads are really bad so tomorrow I’m going to drive around a bit and see what happens. I should have touched the positive and neg together to drain all the power out of the car... so it would reset really good lol.
I did not say to just unhook the battery and hook it back up. Please re-read and follow the video I linked. I said to do a battery cable reset, which is holding the (+) and (-) together.

Yes, any time the battery is unhooked, you need to drive a little bit to initialize the systems. When you are driving during initialization, you will eventually hear chimes for the errors and see them pop up on the dash; that means initialization is complete and once you restart the car the issues are gone.

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did not say to just unhook the battery and hook it back up. Please re-read and follow the video I linked. I said to do a battery cable reset, which is holding the (+) and (-) together.

Yes, any time the battery is unhooked, you need to drive a little bit to initialize the systems. When you are driving during initialization, you will eventually hear chimes for the errors and see them pop up on the dash; that means initialization is complete and once you restart the car the issues are gone.
Yes, I unhooked the battery before I saw your post. If it doesn't work still I will try what you sent. Thx m8.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
All of the above...

Whenever the Honda Force gets upset, IMO, it throws most of those errors since they are all connected in The Honda Matrix. There were wheels spinning at different rates. And the computer don't like that.

A bad battery can certainly do this also. But my money is on the donuts.

Good luck with it.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So today I was doing some snow-donuts... anyway after doing a couple my dash started lighting up like crazy and pretty much you would have thought the car was going to have to get a tow. Ive look over many forums on here with many people experiencing the same thing, running the car hard and everything freaking out. Ive checked over everything and the car runs completely fine, the computer thinks nothing is working however. Ive read that driving it a long distance and turning on and off will rid of this and or disconnecting the battery, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
haha did the same thing a few weeks ago after a heavy rain in a slick parking lot. too dry however to get the back end out normally, so i threw it in reverse and had a blast that way. dash lit up, warnings for every possible thing, made me think maybe i tossed something out of alignment. turned the car off, inspected and found no visible damage anywhere. turned the car back on and drove for about a half mile, and then the lights all just went away. My guess is when the front wheels are moving backwards and you spin the car and end up with one or more rear wheel rotating forwards, the system has a fit. tpms went off because it uses wheel speed sensors to determine tire pressure indirectly, so if all wheels are spinning a different speed i guess it just tosses a mayday code. definitely a fun ass car to do donuts in that's for sure.

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
haha did the same thing a few weeks ago after a heavy rain in a slick parking lot. too dry however to get the back end out normally, so i threw it in reverse and had a blast that way. dash lit up, warnings for every possible thing, made me think maybe i tossed something out of alignment. turned the car off, inspected and found no visible damage anywhere. turned the car back on and drove for about a half mile, and then the lights all just went away. My guess is when the front wheels are moving backwards and you spin the car and end up with one or more rear wheel rotating forwards, the system has a fit. tpms went off because it uses wheel speed sensors to determine tire pressure indirectly, so if all wheels are spinning a different speed i guess it just tosses a mayday code. definitely a fun ass car to do donuts in that's for sure.
Yep. Drove it today about a mile or two and all of them just flashed off. also yes, civic’s do mad reverse snow donuts if anyone wants to try... lol.

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
You probably have to do pedal dance before doing something like that if you don’t want all the computer bits to lose their mind.

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You probably have to do pedal dance before doing something like that if you don’t want all the computer bits to lose their mind.
yeah man I guess I just pushed her a little too hard and she wasn’t liking it lol. At the same time isn’t it a little bs that the computers would do that? What if I was actually stuck in snow and that was the cars response? Imagine someone who knew zero about cars and would have thought since the car was throwing codes they would have needed a tow. I’m gonna be honest I’m a little disappointed that the car did that to me yesterday.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i did the full pedal dance, confirmed succes due to the traction flashing rapidly, then i turned off the lkas and ldm and cmbs and still had the same result as he did; warning messages up the wazoo
Sponsored