First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
Alright try to keep short and simple.

I lowered my car about 1 year ago, Eibach sports line. My wife went over the train track pretty fast and bottomed out and hit pretty hard. After few miles all the lights came on acc/cmsp/rdmsp/brake system. Disconnected the battery for an hour, drove for a few miles light still on. Next morning while I was taking my car to the dealer the warning lights went away.4 weeks later I hit a small pot hole and about a mile later all the lights came back up again. Repeated the previous process and no success.

just fyi-I’m tuned and both times I flashed to factory tune.

dealer is saying adas needs recalibration and the warning lights can be cause by the height of the car has been modified so the sensor is off. To recalibrateI am looking for $640.

do you guys agree, my thought is yes the 1st bump my wife did might have thrown the sensor position off and my bump pretty much officially threw it off. I left that part when talking to the dealer but what do you guys think?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Maybe/maybe not re: lowering the car. But my gut feeling is that you shook the RADAR loose/out of calibration with the railroad crossing/pothole.

But make sure you eyeball it before spending the money. Sometimes you can spot the issue (like a leaf stuck in front of the unit).

OP
OP
Da5hi30i2d

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
So just in case if someone runs into this issues, dealer said if the car is lowered they will charge for recalibration if the car is on stock springs they will take care of it u set warranty.

Also they don’t do not cover it if you happened to say you hit a pot hole.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There's also no easy way to just disable the endless warnings and gongs.

My camera failed on a 30 day old Sport a couple of years back. It took a few weeks to get an appointment, order the part, get the part, and get another appointment to replace it. The gongs started to sound like a ringing phone at Wal-Mart that no one would answer.

If the system worked after you lowered the thing; I don't think the lowering is to blame. But I understand why they won't do it under warranty. I'm still pretty sure it's your RADAR unit that got knocked around. Maybe you can nudge it back to spec.

Either way... sorry that happened. And thanks for the update.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
So just in case if someone runs into this issues, dealer said if the car is lowered they will charge for recalibration if the car is on stock springs they will take care of it u set warranty.

Also they don’t do not cover it if you happened to say you hit a pot hole.
It does sound like the millimeter wave radar unit (behind the driver side fog light cover) is probably loose in the bracket. You MAY be able to pop the access cover off the fog light panel and pop the radar back into it's plastic pivots. The plastic pivot points that hold the radar may be broken, it usually happens if you hit something with the bumper. $640 for a radar aim in expensive as F dude, that's like 3.5hrs of labor, warranty time is 1.3hrs for reference.

I would take it to another dealer anyways. But telling them you hit something or not won't matter in this instance. Honda covers defects, no manufacturer covers collision damage/road damage. If the radar is loose or the tabs are broken that will be a road damage thing, not warranty. You can try to get your car insurance to cover it depending on your deductible limits.

RedCrabby

First Name
Hong Yung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 1.5T CVT Sedan TC-P
Country flag
Any possibilities caused by a loosen wire or socket after the train track bump ? Since you said the issue happens again after you hit another pot hole.

I had once the brake signal socket loosen near to my brake pedal that caused random ACC/CMSP error. It is my fault that i didn't secure it properly when i put on my pedal lock few months ago. This random issue haunted me for few weeks until i suddenly suspect of the lock and the socket...and finally fix the issue by pushing the socket all the way to the locking clamp.
Sponsored