AC Whistle Noise - 2000-2700 rpm - The Answer ?

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Reluctantly i made another dealer appointment for tomorrow morning, funny enough i will also be picking up my KTuner tomorrow morning rofl, guess we will wait to install that for another day..... told Dealer about the gurgling surging issues and how an upgraded 2019 replacement hose for the 2.0L engine solved the issue for another person. Wrote down part numbers that changed between the 2017-2018 to 2019 year Civic SI 80312-TBC-A04, we will see if they take this into consideration.... i will be asking them to check the pressures of the AC system and tell me what pressures they recorded on the High and Low side..... to confirm does anyone know where the pressures should be....?
Thanks in advance....
**Patrick**
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I have heard that sound in mine on occasion since I got it in the fall of 2017 and I have also heard it in many other cars including my 2001 Civic LX. I think I have heard it since all the work was finished last week too. I will pay attention for it.

I know that I have never found it obnoxious or more than occasional and where I have heard it in so many other vehicles, I have always considered it normal. Our Gen3 CRV makes the noise but it is rather subdued compared to others. I don't drive it often so I can't speak to its frequency or if it went away after we had the compressor replaced last Aug.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Well I caught it on video, doesn't matter the rpm you will hear the noise, unfortunately I also captured Boise of fan blowing but if you listen close you will hear what almost sounds like a humidifier mistifying water.... Let me know what you think?!

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
If needed I can upload another video and shut the AC off in the middle so you can hear difference!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is it the higher pitch sound? If yes, then yes, I am familiar with that sound and have always considered it "normal". It has been intermittent in my current Civic and I think it times with AC system cycles under certain loads. I am extremely used to it, like where I noted, I had it in my old Civic and in my old CRV and have noticed it in other cars too. The only time I ever really notice it is if the fan is on super low and I have the stereo off and no one is talking. I didn't notice it at all today but I had the CCR on most of the time in the car today :)

Like all noises, once you HEAR it, you can't ever seem to UNhear it. I picked up on a new tire sound after putting my factory tires/rims back on and the AC whistle being eliminated (I was so jacked to listen for sounds, I caught it and then confirmed it by both putting the winters back on and then swapping the summers back on but front to back).

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
It's the water dripping noise or slushing noise. They did notice a wet spot on the condenser so AC guy is looking it over now, glad I took it back in at 34K miles something is gonna get fixed!!!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hole in condensor due to a rock ‍♂ FML!
Ball sack!!!

At least whatever the tech saw with mine was swappable under warranty...

See if you can get them to replace your suction hose as part of the work where you will be paying for the condenser and labor on that at least. Because I bet you the disappearance of the whistle is because of the disappearance of your coolant!

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Dealer just called me to bring car back in next week to have another look to see if they can do it under warranty!

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
Nope... you’re covered ..milage won’t matter. The problem was reported while the car was in warranty.
Warranty repairs are dependant on the fact that they are reported while under warranty..for Example: you report a problem and they fix the problem -or cannot determine at that time what the problem is - and the car is still under warranty its on record. Car goes over warranty and the same problem comes back its covered under the fact that it was reported and not addressed while the car was in warranty.

My wife had similar issue. We reported it while in warranty. Took it back 3 times. The 3rd time it was out of warranty but it was repaired -no fee

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Nope... you’re covered ..milage won’t matter. The problem was reported while the car was in warranty.
Warranty repairs are dependant on the fact that they are reported while under warranty..for Example: you report a problem and they fix the problem -or cannot determine at that time what the problem is - and the car is still under warranty its on record. Car goes over warranty and the same problem comes back its covered under the fact that it was reported and not addressed while the car was in warranty.

My wife had similar issue. We reported it while in warranty. Took it back 3 times. The 3rd time it was out of warranty but it was repaired -no fee
More of a concern is why the same issue had to be "FIXED" ? 3 times !!!

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
More of a concern is why the same issue had to be "FIXED" ? 3 times !!!

It wasn't. First 2 x they scratched their heads. When the issue progressed they were able to diagnose the issue

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It wasn't. First 2 x they scratched their heads. When the issue progressed they were able to diagnose the issue
LOL -- 3rd time lucky. What did the solution end up being ? What did they replace or do to make it right ?
Sponsored