AC vent service bulletin

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A couple months back i posted about an annoying fluttering noise that seemed to be a problem with many cars @ my dealership. When i had it serviced, they replaced the plastic bezel that includes the two center AC vents (the part that allows you to adjust the direction of the airflow) but to no avail because the problem was still there. The adjustable parts of the new plastic piece that they installed are loose and they will not stay still. when i try to direct the AC towards me, the vents just shoot straight up. I made an appointment to get it serviced and replace the part again and they said that they wouldnt do it because there is a service bulletin and its a "Big Issue" with Honda at the moment. They said that it would be pointless to replace it with another piece that may have the same issues and that they need to wait for Honda to engineer a new design.

I think that they're full of shit and that they just didnt want to work on it because they were so busy those 3 days that my car was there.

What do you guys think? Is anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NickfromSD

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Much Obliged. I didnt think to search the forums when i posted this.
Sponsored