First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else have this issue where when they are sitting idle with the AC on, there is a squeal of squeak sound coming from the front passenger side. I can’t tell if it’s from the belt/compressor or from the actual fan motor. Increasing the fan speed or driving makes the noise inaudible. Maybe this is normal? Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

aclark414

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Does anyone else have this issue where when they are sitting idle with the AC on, there is a squeal of squeak sound coming from the front passenger side. I can’t tell if it’s from the belt/compressor or from the actual fan motor. Increasing the fan speed or driving makes the noise inaudible. Maybe this is normal? Anyone else experience this?
Yep, get ready for AC failure (see the many other threads on AC issues). Mine did this, then eventually started losing coldness and blowing warm air. Take it in before your warranty is up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, get ready for AC failure (see the many other threats on AC issues). Mine did this, then eventually started losing coldness and blowing warm air. Take it in before your warranty is up.
Oh man. Reading some of the horror stories. Maybe I shouldn’t have canceled my extended warranty... maybe I can stop the cancellation since it didn’t go through yet. I just got this car a month ago. Do you know what the issue was with your car?

I seen this ac issue for 2016-2018 but I haven’t seen anyone with a 2019 post about it yet.

Last edited:

aclark414

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Oh man. Reading some of the horror stories. Maybe I shouldn’t have canceled my extended warranty... maybe I can stop the cancellation since it didn’t go through yet. I just got this car a month ago. Do you know what the issue was with your car?

I seen this ac issue for 2016-2018 but I haven’t seen anyone with a 2019 post about it yet.
I could be wrong, but I thought I did see some starting to see this pop up ok 2019 models. I’ll try to find it and will reply back.

Yeah, it was the condenser. They had to replace it. $1,400. Out of warranty. But thankfully after speaking to the dealership’s service manager and pleading my case, he called Honda and got them to cover all but $200 of it.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Even in the 2019's; the condensers are still vulnerable to damage from road debris/rocks.
Sponsored