courrey

First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I am currently in one of the worse predicaments but again i could be in a worse situation... Not too long ago about a month, I took a 4 hour road trip from Northern California to Lake Tahoe, and I had made a pit stop in Sacramento. My AC was running fine up until we stopped in sacramento as a pit stop. After turning my car off and leaving it alone for about 30 minutes, and coming back my AC was not blowing cold air anymore but rather hot, and as most knows it gets pretty hot going up to 95 so I had to continue the road trip going into Nevada and all that with no type of air conditioning. Fast foward 2 weeks later, I'm home and i make an attempt to recharge my AC, and it was somewhat hot during the night time but white smoke was coming out of my drive side headlight as I'm assuming I have a leak in an AC hose. I had my doubts taking into account it might be my compressor, but for as where it's located and my hood was popped up why would it be only smoking through my right headlight and not my firewall? Again when i was making an attempt to recharge my ac system with freeon I could hear a little leaking sound when the AC was on whilst driving my car, testing to see if the air conditioning was working or not. I have a 2021 civic hatchback sport, would anybody be able to give me any insight on what to do next ? I'm very clueless as i hear repairs from dealership is stupid expensive, and no one really had problems with AC after 2018 models. Again I only have 20,000 miles and i highly doubt my compressor went out, but I just wanted to hear opinions on this matter. Thank you guys !
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
This isn’t a predicament. There are about 9 threads on this issue. The main one being probably 10+ pages. There is an active recall/TSB for this. Go to the dealer and hope they replace it under warranty. Period.

OP
OP
courrey

courrey

First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i heard of the active recall but correct me if im wrong but i think it was only for civics up until 2018.
This isn’t a predicament. There are about 9 threads on this issue. The main one being probably 10+ pages. There is an active recall/TSB for this. Go to the dealer and hope they replace it under warranty. Period.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Pic

Honda Civic 10th gen AC Predicament for 2021 Civic Hatchback Sport 78C0B40F-DD7E-4066-873E-EB4359D0356D

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
So long as it's not physically damaged from road debris, stone impacts etc then it should be covered under warranty.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Don't mention you tried to recharge it. I have heard someone else say that Honda won't touch it if they think the refrigerant is contaminated with a different type of refrigerant.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
i heard of the active recall but correct me if im wrong but i think it was only for civics up until 2018.
I got the letter in the mail for the 10 yr warranty on some a/c components for my 2020

OP
OP
courrey

courrey

First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't mention you tried to recharge it. I have heard someone else say that Honda won't touch it if they think the refrigerant is contaminated with a different type of refrigerant.
Thanks for all the help and recommendations guys
Sponsored