Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Bought used 2017 civic LX, days later a/c failed.

I’m gonna recharge with yf and hope it makes it through the summer. Perhaps it sat on lot and seals dried.

If it lasts months I’ll probably just keep refilling. Not worried about the flammability its only flammable at ~6% and at 5k-10k mJ. Its not like it’s leaking into sealed space. Tell me if I’m a moron.

i know there’s a warranty for condenser but they will just say a rock hit it or the compressor is bad...
Sponsored

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Tempted to fill with 134a especially if it’s completely empty but then they won’t service later...shame I bet it would work just fine, maybe better.

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
No, I had slightly cold air on the passengers side and warm air blowing on the drivers and when they checked, they said the compressor had failed. I had already taken it in for a noise at idle that sounded like bearings in the compressor but they said they weren't able to duplicate and I told the writer that at least it was documented so that if it failed it would be on them.
In my case it, too, was a leaking compressor - dealer just replaced it under warranty. Hatch is 2.5 years old with 13K miles. A few weeks ago when it was 80F + outside I had this same issue of not cooling and, yeah, a noise sometimes when switching on the A/C but mine wasn't from the engine compartment, seemed to be coming from the dash. I measured the temps and driver vents were ambient and passenger vents were a couple degrees cooler.

doh! The service advisor said that there is a warranty extension on the condenser on "these cars" -- I should have asked him to run the VIN to confirm it applies to my hatch.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I had my car a little over a year and the AC condenser went out. Luckily it was still under warrantee.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Common first symptom of a failing 10th Gen AC system: The driver's side goes warm before the passenger side.

If you're in the same boat as everyone else; it will likely be the condenser or compressor that's leaking. There will probably be a dye test and they may want you to pay a diagnostic fee for this. If the issue turns out to be covered under warranty; the diagnostic fee is usually refunded.

Most all of the AC threads have the same information. Check them for more details and war stories, TSBs, and general sympathy.

Sorry this happened. Good luck. And please share the details when you get them.
Going my car off monday for my diagnostic my friend works at honda he said 159 is the price. Hopefully its the compressor and I get it replaced. Apparently they crack and leak and its a common issue with 10th gens. but yea im noticing driver side not cold like passengers. Florida Boys need AC lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my lines have no pressure. I filled my ac lines with just one can of R1234yf with dye and I heard my clutch kicked in. Its blowing cold air now.
This was 2 weeks ago.

There is definitely a leak. As of today, my car is still blowing cold air. Im gonna check if I have any leaks right now.
Update: i cant find the leak. I fill my AC yearly since

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe it’s somewhere hidden like the evaporator.Are you usually the AC everyday? Once a year doesn’t seem too bad but bad.
Im in chicago. So far Ive only used the AC like 4x. Our summer is really short

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I got a diagnostic done today for $150...

Long story short the dealer told me it was the evaporator, not covered like the condenser.
They put new freon in it so we'll see how long it lasts. My ac is cold for now car feels happier I'm not sure lol.

I was quoted $2100 for the fix and they tried to say I needed other things done raqing the bill up like 3340.

Hopefully it lasts the summer will update

OP
OP
bunbao

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
So, my AC stopped blowing cold air again. This time at about 54700 miles. Unsure if Honda would honor the extended warranty since I've already used it a few years back. I bought the refrigerant and the gauge&hose for abourt $100 total, and refilled it myself. Let's see how long it will last, hopefully at least through the summer.

IPx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Accord Touring Coupe, 19 Civic Hatchback Tourin
Country flag
So, my AC stopped blowing cold air again. This time at about 54700 miles. Unsure if Honda would honor the extended warranty since I've already used it a few years back. I bought the refrigerant and the gauge&hose for abourt $100 total, and refilled it myself. Let's see how long it will last, hopefully at least through the summer.
You never know until you open up a claim but since you already refilled it yourself then it's likely they won't.
Sponsored