mmdan

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Country flag
A mechanic told me this sound from the AC is normal. However, I just am not convinced! I’ve never heard the fan (is it the fan?) so loudly in any other car I’ve been in.

It’s heard very clearly on the low setting. Is this actually normal? It’s a 2016 Honda Civic ex. I just purchased it. One night, I no longer heard that sound and sounded just like air blowing. But the sound returned the next day!

OP
OP

mmdan

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Country flag
A mechanic told me this sound from the AC is normal. However, I just am not convinced! I’ve never heard the fan (is it the fan?) so loudly in any other car I’ve been in.

It’s heard very clearly on the low setting. Is this actually normal? It’s a 2016 Honda Civic ex. I just purchased it. One night, I no longer heard that sound and sounded just like air blowing. But the sound returned the next day!

Just to be clear, this is what I hear when I turn the AC on the low setting. The AC is louder on high so I can’t hear it as much then.

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
If I turn the volume to max on my laptop I do hear a lot of noise. Maybe something is stuck in the air duct? The Civic's fan is very quiet and powerful comparing to my previous car, VW Tiguan.

OP
OP

mmdan

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Country flag
If I turn the volume to max on my laptop I do hear a lot of noise. Maybe something is stuck in the air duct? The Civic's fan is very quiet and powerful comparing to my previous car, VW Tiguan.
That’s what I was thinking..but two mechanics now have told me that that was normal. But since I’m in it all the time, the noise bothers me—just cause I feel like it’s not how it’s supposed to be.
Sponsored