Qwqqe

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So I took my 2018 Civic SI into the dealership over a month ago because the AC stopped working. Turns out it was the AC compressor and there are no more. They have to be made because there is a shortage. Just a heads up.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes! Good thing we are getting into some cooler weather.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Problem is my dealership can't release my car until its fix per the warranty.
Are they giving you a loaner...? I mean... it’s still your car. You can take it back whenever you want. I’ll have to look back at the warranty wording... but I know if nothing that allows a dealer to hold a vehicle w/o the owners consent.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your Warranty Rights and Obligations
The Federal Emissions-related Defects and Emissions Performance warranties are in addition to the Honda New Vehicle Limited Warranty. These warranties are given only to the owner or lessee of a 2018 Honda distributed by American Honda through the Honda Automobile Division, and sold or leased by an authorized Honda automobile dealer in the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

If an authorized Honda automobile dealer cannot repair your vehicle or honor your claim within a reasonable period of time, contact Honda Automobile Customer Service for assistance (see inside front cover of this booklet), or you may write to:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office ofTransportation and Air Quality
Compliance Division, Light-Duty Vehicle Group
Attn: Warranty Complaints 2000Traverwood Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Email: [email protected]
—————————————————-
Also see the entire “Customer Satisfaction” section in the front. I’d make some noise. It’s still your vehicle to let them fix... not theirs to hold hostage.

OP
OP
Qwqqe

Qwqqe

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Are they giving you a loaner...? I mean... it’s still your car. You can take it back whenever you want. I’ll have to look back at the warranty wording... but I know if nothing that allows a dealer to hold a vehicle w/o the owners consent.
Ya they gave me a loaner. Im fine with it because I drive a lot for work. Put the miles on a loaner then my civic.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went in this spring to get put on the list for the ac parts, had no a.c all summer but I checked in a few weeks ago and they had the part and fixed my car that day. i'm still a little salty that they never called to tell me that the part was in, so for all I know the part came in the week after i was registered and i had no a.c all summer for no reason other than honda being ignorant. oh well it's fixed now so at least there's that.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I went in this spring to get put on the list for the ac parts, had no a.c all summer but I checked in a few weeks ago and they had the part and fixed my car that day. i'm still a little salty that they never called to tell me that the part was in, so for all I know the part came in the week after i was registered and i had no a.c all summer for no reason other than honda being ignorant. oh well it's fixed now so at least there's that.
That's on the dealer. I wonder if they were holding for someone who made more noise, or just a case of the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Yeah, we can't keep your car hostage if you want to take it. I have been finding the A/C compressor and evaporators are leaking, as a "good guy" move since some of this stuff is on back order I have been recharging the system with leak dye, "i need to verify the leak wink wink". I know what is wrong with the car but at least this buys the customer some time in a 110F+ climate. People have kids, in this climate it's a health concern imo. People won't be buying another Honda when they remember back to the summer they went without a/c for 2 months in a brand new car.

Right now we are like 20+ cars deep on back ordered evaporators, the a/c compressors have been coming in pretty much next day. They are restricting the a/c compressors though, only handing them out to dealers per VIN on a needed basis, this is to prevent dealers from hoarding multiple compressors and trying to create their own personal inventory while we are experiencing a shortage.
Sponsored