ABS, TC, VSA, ect. how do I get rid of this Christmas tree?

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I lifted the front two wheels off the ground and put the vehicle and drive so I can see which Tire and Wheel had the run out causing the excessive road noise and all these lights popped up.

I disconnected the battery and touch the two positive and negative cables together for 5 minutes and completed three drive cycles.

Did I mess something up or would vehicle correct itself eventually?

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS, TC, VSA, ect.  how do I get rid of this Christmas tree? 20200123_210106
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I don't know for sure. But I can't imagine that you've broken anything. I hope that a few more miles (and maybe some highway miles at higher speeds) will calm it all down.

Shame on you for trying to diagnose something in your own garage! (sarcasm)

Good luck.

discoamazing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ex-l hatchback
Country flag
Try driving it for a few miles and see what happens. The systems reset if driven enough.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
It happened to me when installing brided brake lines and purging the calipers while the car was on the elevator and the engine running and moving 1 wheel in neutral (yes, it is possible...).

I had to go to an honda dealer and they recalibrated the whole system, I had to pay 80€ for labor hours. I don't know if there is a way to solve this without going to the dealer but I drove for 150km or more with the errors and without any safety feature and the errors didn't go, the parking brake wasn't working neither.

Happened also to @soke while reflashing between dyno runs while the pedal dance was active, the errors didn't go and had to recalibrate the chassis module at the dealer, this time free because there was an ABS DTC and the recalibration was included as warranty.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks like I'll be making a trip to my local stealership.

Should have just paid their diagnostic fee to have them look at the tires

L M F O A

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I had that happen to my car at a free dyno day and didn't turn off the traction control so tge car thinks theres something wrong and throws all kinds of codes , it needs to be cleared with a scan tool lucky enough i have one of my own and cleared them , everything perfect

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had that happen to my car at a free dyno day and didn't turn off the traction control so tge car thinks theres something wrong and throws all kinds of codes , it needs to be cleared with a scan tool lucky enough i have one of my own and cleared them , everything perfect
The dealer had to clean al the codes and reset the parking brake module and can't remember if anything else. The codes were cleared with a tool from my mechanic.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I could have done it myself with my scantool but it's old and doesn't have access to the new Honda proprietary codes. Snap-on wants like $5,000 for the update.

Turning off traction control would have probably prevented this.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Look around next time do the so called peddle dance that will prevent that , as thats the way tuners do to prevent traction kicking in when dyno tuning