ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The scoop on the real CTR hood isn't functional. * It was designed to be functional but worked better in computer testing than in real life.
The hood scoop on that steel ctr rep has no opening underneath. Air goes nowhere.

Nice! Are you planning to paint it yourself? Post some pics once you paint/install it!
Yea Im planning to paint it myself when it gets warmer. Blue hood with black scoop.

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood 20200211_203250
Sponsored

OP
OP
nrchaytor

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Very interested in the hood from ABS Dynamics but they won't offer shipping to Canada, yet they will ship anywhere within Continental US for 140 USD.. any ideas what I could do??

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Very interested in the hood from ABS Dynamics but they won't offer shipping to Canada, yet they will ship anywhere within Continental US for 140 USD.. any ideas what I could do??
Find someone in the USA to ship
It to and have them ship it to you?

Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag
I just got this hood the first one that came it was mangled from shipping they ship through a air plane service and the box was all messed up but they shipped another one asap I dropped it off to the paint man monday it is now sat so some time next week I'll be getting it installed

OP
OP
nrchaytor

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just placed my order for the hood from ABS Dynamics.. they wouldn't ship to Canada but allowed me to setup my own shipping arrangements for pickup.. planning to have it painted and installed when it arrives in a week or two!

OP
OP
nrchaytor

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got this hood the first one that came it was mangled from shipping they ship through a air plane service and the box was all messed up but they shipped another one asap I dropped it off to the paint man monday it is now sat so some time next week I'll be getting it installed
Did you get your hood painted/installed after?

Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag
when the new one came in I got it painted and put on fitment isn't perfect I have a little more of a gap on one side then the other and had to adjust the latch it was to far up so took a lot to close it but all in all its not bad I also hit a mailbox thats y I had to get a new hood in the first place so that might have played a part in fitment issues

OP
OP
nrchaytor

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
when the new one came in I got it painted and put on fitment isn't perfect I have a little more of a gap on one side then the other and had to adjust the latch it was to far up so took a lot to close it but all in all its not bad I also hit a mailbox thats y I had to get a new hood in the first place so that might have played a part in fitment issues
Got any pictures?

7Ghost_2Alienz_GenXX

First Name
Karo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20XIX Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone get any feedback by someone who owns this. I’m sure there are a lot of undercover running with it. Don’t be shy i want too know also whats the 411?

Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag
Thats my feedback of me owning one goit it painted its not bad quality much lighter than the metal hood the latch spot isn't big enough and fitment is close but not perfect but for the price it's worth it

7Ghost_2Alienz_GenXX

First Name
Karo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20XIX Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats my feedback of me owning one goit it painted its not bad quality much lighter than the metal hood the latch spot isn't big enough and fitment is close but not perfect but for the price it's worth it
What you mean by the metal hood and latch spot not big enough? The holes or just the complete latch
Sponsored