ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get the plastic one or metal one? Did you need hood pins?
I have the plastic one and I didn't need any hood pins. Have driven it 100 mph many times and had no issue.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have the plastic one and I didn't need any hood pins. Have driven it 100 mph many times and had no issue.
Thanks for the reply. Any fitment issues? Or water issues on the scoop going into the engine bay? Also, do you know if their bumper conversion is compatible with Honda Sensing?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Any fitment issues? Or water issues on the scoop going into the engine bay? Also, do you know if their bumper conversion is compatible with Honda Sensing?
I got mine second-hand. I do notice the hood doesnt sit on the window cowl. I have like about a quarter inch if gap there. No water in the bay not that I notice.
I dont know much about the bumper conversion compatibility with the sensor

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood 712B36A4-5D51-446A-9354-3266CAF8B9DC

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Quick post on a variation of ABS Dynamics CTR style hood, I went with the GTII style, I’m hoping the 6 vents will Help with added engine cool down after a drive. Some quick stats, ABS Dynamic hood weight is 30 lbs even. OEM hood is 36.5 lbs. Installation was pretty straight forward, initial fit and finish not bad, but will need adjustments to minimize side to side gaps. ABS actually uses a matte black paint on their plastic hoods, although they advertise it as unpainted.

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood 23EBD91F-7088-4FEF-84B5-2653C00B12ED

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood 6611462F-5413-414B-B2BD-F338C34B0935

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood 0D305B20-09DD-4D1F-B38E-AF7ED808EDA4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick post on a variation of ABS Dynamics CTR style hood, I went with the GTII style, I’m hoping the 6 vents will Help with added engine cool down after a drive. Some quick stats, ABS Dynamic hood weight is 30 lbs even. OEM hood is 36.5 lbs. Installation was pretty straight forward, initial fit and finish not bad, but will need adjustments to minimize side to side gaps. ABS actually uses a matte black paint on their plastic hoods, although they advertise it as unpainted.

23EBD91F-7088-4FEF-84B5-2653C00B12ED.jpeg

6611462F-5413-414B-B2BD-F338C34B0935.jpeg

0D305B20-09DD-4D1F-B38E-AF7ED808EDA4.jpeg
that looks good! can you share a photo underneath the hood?

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
In stock supply is hit or miss, I was on back order since June 6th, but ABS Dynamics said they just received a shipment when they sent out mine this last week. Cost for the GT II hood came to $539 with tax. Shipping would have been another $189, but they do offer the customers who live within driving distance the option to pick up at their facility. Both the CTR scoop and vents are made to be functional, how well they work can be debated. the hood scoop has 3 slotted openings which don't really direct the air flow to anywhere in particular, my guess is the air flow would be somewhat turbulent and eventually make it's way between the firewall and engine and exit somewhere around the wheel well. I'll probably block off the scoop with clear plexiglass, so it would just be for looks. For the 6 vents, there's an inner panel that partially blocks the outer vent opening, it appears the purpose is to block entry to the engine from rodents, and also act as a rain diverter. Removing the inner panels would reduce the weight of the hood about another 3 pounds. Might try and see if the hood flexes any differently with the inner panels removed.

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood CTR GT II hood underside

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood hood latch

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood hinge and prop close u

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood inner panel vent openin

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood vent- inner panel removed

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
In stock supply is hit or miss, I was on back order since June 6th, but ABS Dynamics said they just received a shipment when they sent out mine this last week. Cost for the GT II hood came to $539 with tax. Shipping would have been another $189, but they do offer the customers who live within driving distance the option to pick up at their facility. Both the CTR scoop and vents are made to be functional, how well they work can be debated. the hood scoop has 3 slotted openings which don't really direct the air flow to anywhere in particular, my guess is the air flow would be somewhat turbulent and eventually make it's way between the firewall and engine and exit somewhere around the wheel well. I'll probably block off the scoop with clear plexiglass, so it would just be for looks. For the 6 vents, there's an inner panel that partially blocks the outer vent opening, it appears the purpose is to block entry to the engine from rodents, and also act as a rain diverter. Removing the inner panels would reduce the weight of the hood about another 3 pounds. Might try and see if the hood flexes any differently with the inner panels removed.

CTR GT II hood underside.jpg

hood latch.jpg

hinge and prop close up.jpg

inner panel vent opening.jpg

vent- inner panel removed.jpg
Im gonna order me one next week

GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag

CTR GT II hood underside.jpg

hood latch.jpg

hinge and prop close up.jpg

inner panel vent opening.jpg

vent- inner panel removed.jpg

I got this same hood, how the hey does the washer nozzles plug in? I tried every which way lol. I can't seem to make it latch or stay
I know this is an old thread hope to your still around! Or if anyone knows please share..... Abs dynamics gt II hood how to hook up washer nozzles to it.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It seems the thickness of the inner panel doesn't allow the lock tabs on the nozzle to latch into place. I took a file and filed away on the flat surface of the nozzle latch, and on the inside surface of the hood's inner panel until the latch locked into place, I maybe filed down about .050" of material before the latch locked in. I also shortened the washer hoses and used zip tie mounts or routed the hose through the hood's inner panel cut outs to the nozzle.

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood nozzle

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood Hood nozzle cut out

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R Style Hood hose routin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I glued mine lol