Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you go to 5:50 on the attached video the guy shows how to deal with bad tabs on our bumpers, it may save you some money.

If that doesn't work, then it comes down to preference. My friend has the CTR bumper with D2's and scrapes everywhere. He still says it's worth it. I'm stock height and scape occasionally, you get used to it and adjust your driving style accordingly. The bumper is durable as long as you're not intentionally ramming it into cubs all the time. But if you want max clearance, i'd stay oem.
I saw the vid, but that thin piece under the tab is broken and it wouldn't "snap in" anymore. Hmm I guess inevitably I'll scrape lol, it's mostly just clearance exiting from a drive way that I'm worried about. Thanks for the info though.

If you look closely at the tab on the left, the red part is snapped downward. :/

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R style front bumper conversion 20201022_080137
Sponsored

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same boat, need someone to share their experience with abs lip. Seems like the Bayson R lip is popular, there's plenty of people who had a good experience with it.
I have the lip. Check my garage pics

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Has anyone installed one of these bumpers on an FK7? Their website says that "trimming to the aluminum crash reinforcement bar required". Anyone know how much "trimming" is needed?

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The abs/better fiment version is a bit tedious as it requires alot of small self tapping screws to fasten all the pieces. But install after assembly is as easy as oem with fitment on par.

IMG_20201009_155624_779.jpg
Do you know if this bumper would work with the Honda Sensing package? Will the radar have trouble penetrating through the plastic on the driver's side?

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe. 1969 Karmann Ghia.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know if this bumper would work with the Honda Sensing package? Will the radar have trouble penetrating through the plastic on the driver's side?
You would have to modify the vents or remove them so that your sensors will still work. Alternatively, somebody has said you can just drive without sending. But I would not recommend that option since it fails to solve the issue of being able to use Honda Sensing.