First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe. 1969 Karmann Ghia.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but if you're still curious, I will be installing this weekend.

For the meantime: here's a video that goes step by step for how to assemble it so you get an idea of fitment and install quirks

mydailySI

First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe
Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but if you're still curious, I will be installing this weekend.

For the meantime: here's a video that goes step by step for how to assemble it so you get an idea of fitment and install quirks
How’d the install come out?? Just got in a minor accident and want to buy this ASAP!

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How’d the install come out?? Just got in a minor accident and want to buy this ASAP!
The abs/better fiment version is a bit tedious as it requires alot of small self tapping screws to fasten all the pieces. But install after assembly is as easy as oem with fitment on par.

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R style front bumper conversion IMG_20201009_155624_779

mydailySI

First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe
Country flag
The abs/better fiment version is a bit tedious as it requires alot of small self tapping screws to fasten all the pieces. But install after assembly is as easy as oem with fitment on par.

IMG_20201009_155624_779.jpg
Your car looks great! Mind if I ask you a few more questions about it? Just want to make sure I’m getting everything I need to replace bumper and grill. Do I use any parts from the OEM bumper/grill? I thought I read something about reusing the fog light housing? Wish I was getting this as an upgrade in looks but after my fender bender it’s a replacement.. ?

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your car looks great! Mind if I ask you a few more questions about it? Just want to make sure I’m getting everything I need to replace bumper and grill. Do I use any parts from the OEM bumper/grill? I thought I read something about reusing the fog light housing? Wish I was getting this as an upgrade in looks but after my fender bender it’s a replacement.. ?

Here's a vid of the whole assembly/install process.
For the grille: You reuse the screws from your original grille and also have the option to reuse the old grille if it still is useable. For the fog lights: you don't technically need the old housings as the fog lights mount to the fake vents. In the video he mentions that you will have to buy some 1 inch/1.25 inch bolts to mount the fog lights to the ctr vents. The process takes some time, but like Lego's everything fits together and is pretty fun to put together, just make sure you have good lighting when you do it so you can make sure everything lines up perfect and you don't lose any pieces.
Keep in mind there are 2 versions being sold, so the explaination is for the ABSDynamics style/Socal "BetterFitment".

If you go with the ikon version or basic Socal Accessories version (it won't have the carbon style lip and assembles differently), here's a vid on that install:

mydailySI

First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe
Country flag

Here's a vid of the whole assembly/install process.
For the grille: You reuse the screws from your original grille and also have the option to reuse the old grille if it still is useable. For the fog lights: you don't technically need the old housings as the fog lights mount to the fake vents. In the video he mentions that you will have to buy some 1 inch/1.25 inch bolts to mount the fog lights to the ctr vents. The process takes some time, but like Lego's everything fits together and is pretty fun to put together, just make sure you have good lighting when you do it so you can make sure everything lines up perfect and you don't lose any pieces.
Keep in mind there are 2 versions being sold, so the explaination is for the ABSDynamics style/Socal "BetterFitment".

If you go with the ikon version or basic Socal Accessories version (it won't have the carbon style lip and assembles differently), here's a vid on that install:
I was going to go with the ikon version until I saw it was out of stock on eBay. Now I’m looking at this one on the ABS website:

https://absdynamics.com/collections/x-gen-civic/products/fbp-c175dtra

For reference, I have the coupe.

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going to go with the ikon version until I saw it was out of stock on eBay. Now I’m looking at this one on the ABS website:

https://absdynamics.com/collections/x-gen-civic/products/fbp-c175dtra

For reference, I have the coupe.
That's definitely the best option for fitment! I've had both on my coupe and can vouch the abs version is well worth the little extra. It can be assembled like the first video I sent and will have all the necessary pieces (except the 8 bolts/washers for the fog lights) but those can be found at any hardware store for around $2-$5. A final tip would be to make sure your paint is completely dry before assembling everything so it doesn't get chipped during install.

mydailySI

First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe
Country flag
That's definitely the best option for fitment! I've had both on my coupe and can vouch the abs version is well worth the little extra. It can be assembled like the first video I sent and will have all the necessary pieces (except the 8 bolts/washers for the fog lights) but those can be found at any hardware store for around $2-$5. A final tip would be to make sure your paint is completely dry before assembling everything so it doesn't get chipped during install.
Would you recommend assembling for fitment first and taking it off to paint after? Or just paint right away and assemble afterwards..

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you recommend assembling for fitment first and taking it off to paint after? Or just paint right away and assemble afterwards..
I waited until after, it's a bit time consuming to assemble everything. But if you want to be extra cautious and have some spare time it wouldnt hurt to preassemble (that way if there are any issues predrilling it won't ruin your paint).

mydailySI

First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe
Country flag
I waited until after, it's a bit time consuming to assemble everything. But if you want to be extra cautious and have some spare time it wouldnt hurt to preassemble (that way if there are any issues predrilling it won't ruin your paint).
Just got my bumper from abs and opening it up for the first time. Sticker on the plastic wrap for the bumper says “2016-2018 4DR T-R STYLE FRONT BUMPER”. I’ve got the 2019 coupe... think I got sent the wrong one or are all of the front ends the same?

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got my bumper from abs and opening it up for the first time. Sticker on the plastic wrap for the bumper says “2016-2018 4DR T-R STYLE FRONT BUMPER”. I’ve got the 2019 coupe... think I got sent the wrong one or are all of the front ends the same?
To my knowledge the bumper mounting points are the same, as long as you don't have an actual type r. If anyone else would like to verify?

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

IMG_20201009_155624_779.jpg
Looks nice! I might do the same since I can't fix the grille tabs on my car because the front bumper clips on top are broken. I attached a pic and circled where the Honda service tech claimed it was broken due to "unknown force" so I'd have to get a new front assembly/bumper (They said the warranty is not going to cover it). Tempted to get a Type R style, or just get an OEM one. My main concern is how low that front lip will be since I'm lowered on the Eibach Pro Kit.
Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Type R style front bumper conversion InkedTypeRStyleConversionFrontBumperwGrille_2016-2020HondaCivic_2_1024x1024_LI

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks nice! I might do the same since I can't fix the grille tabs on my car because the front bumper clips on top are broken. I attached a pic and circled where the Honda service tech claimed it was broken due to "unknown force" so I'd have to get a new front assembly/bumper (They said the warranty is not going to cover it). Tempted to get a Type R style, or just get an OEM one. My main concern is how low that front lip will be since I'm lowered on the Eibach Pro Kit.
InkedTypeRStyleConversionFrontBumperwGrille_2016-2020HondaCivic_2_1024x1024_LI.jpg
If you go to 5:50 on the attached video the guy shows how to deal with bad tabs on our bumpers, it may save you some money.

If that doesn't work, then it comes down to preference. My friend has the CTR bumper with D2's and scrapes everywhere. He still says it's worth it. I'm stock height and scape occasionally, you get used to it and adjust your driving style accordingly. The bumper is durable as long as you're not intentionally ramming it into cubs all the time. But if you want max clearance, i'd stay oem.