S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi guys I'm thinking to get ABS dynamics Type R style spoiler for my sport hatch. Since we need drilling I wanna let the professional install it for me. Any recommendations in South Jersey, Central Jersey or Philadelphia area?
I mean I can do it by myself, but
1. I'm living in apartment, no place for doing it
2. Water leaking issue is kinda my concern

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i added silicone to the bottom that meets with the hatch door to keep water out.
Any kinda silicon would be good? Or should I get specific one?
i think I'm gonna do by myself at parking spot ?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
They give you a template so the drilling is really easy. It's pretty thin too so you'll be through it quickly.
I'd recommend mounting it on there and confirming that everything is in the right place, then use a urethane adhesive instead of silicone (I use Tiger Seal for these kind of jobs). It'll help to reduce flex that will ultimately loosen the bolts and it'll also prevent vibration. Silicone is great on stationary parts that aren't going to move but this wing will flex relative to the tailgate and the silicone will shrink a little.

gdagreat

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic ex hatchback
Country flag
Any kinda silicon would be good? Or should I get specific one?
i think I'm gonna do by myself at parking spot ?
make sure to have someone helping you.

use loctite on the bolts that go all over the wing, i used the silicone for water and vibrations from my system. bought it at autozone

Honda Civic 10th gen Abs dynamics type R spoiler installation in NJ or Philadelphia 218004D6-59F3-497E-AD37-EAE23E7359C8

OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They give you a template so the drilling is really easy. It's pretty thin too so you'll be through it quickly.
I'd recommend mounting it on there and confirming that everything is in the right place, then use a urethane adhesive instead of silicone (I use Tiger Seal for these kind of jobs). It'll help to reduce flex that will ultimately loosen the bolts and it'll also prevent vibration. Silicone is great on stationary parts that aren't going to move but this wing will flex relative to the tailgate and the silicone will shrink a little.
Thank you! I watched couple videos on youtube, it's seems not that hard. My concern is Honda's paint already not good, if I got water through those holes I may ended up with rust issues.
let's see what's gonna happen!
@gdagreat thank you I'll check that out!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! I watched couple videos on youtube, it's seems not that hard. My concern is Honda's paint already not good, if I got water through those holes I may ended up with rust issues.
let's see what's gonna happen!
@gdagreat thank you I'll check that out!
I put 3m mounting tape all on the underside of the base pieces and ran for like 30k miles with no issues. We also got leftover paint from the wing being painted and used that on the holes so they wouldn't rust.

I would go to home depot and find the bag of miscellaneous rubber washers - it's in the plumbing aisle - as they will help in some spots. Also, you will need longer bolts. I can't recall what size exactly but I think it was like 75mm long. The ones they provide are too short if you add any washers.

If you were at the border of PA and NY I'd say I'll do it for like 50 bucks but I'm up in Rochester, there's no way you'd want to drive up lol. I've installed one on a coupe, and then we pulled that off to swap for a GT wing. Mine is now an APR GT wing too I couldn't help myself from upgrading :rofl:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And let me tell you, that 3m tape... I had to literally push so hard I was moving the car all over the place to get that stuff off. Took me like a few minutes with constant pressure from different angles to get the bases off!

I think that was about 95% of the holding force... not sure the bolts even mattered haha.

OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you guys all! When I have time I'll try to install, let's see what's gonna happen!
i love this forum, I love how people help each others :)
Be safe all!

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Thank you guys all! When I have time I'll try to install, let's see what's gonna happen!
i love this forum, I love how people help each others :)
Be safe all!
Do a test fit before you do anything to make it "permanent" like 3m tape or waterproofing. I had to adjust the holes to get it to line up and sit flat.

Civic_Andreas

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo Sport Plus -17
Country flag
OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you guys, I'm still waiting for shipping when i get the spoiler I'll try to follow your recommendations.
I can't wait ?

datboostedFK7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you feel uneasy about installing it there's a good body shop in linden vilar auto body ask for pedro he does amazing work he painted my parts on my 8th gen great work

OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I finally got spoiler today. I'll be installing tomorrow. Wish me luck guys!