Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed the ABS Dynamics Type R style side skirts on the Si last week and although I am happy with how it looks I am not impressed with the mounting method and materials that come with the kit.

The double sided tape that came with the kit is terrible. Its adhesion strength is weak. I went to the local hardware store and bought the 3M extra strength DS tape and it worked a lot better however I am convinced that DS tape is a poor mounting method for side skirts. I placed some misc. objects under the skirts to help with the adhesion process but after a few days it just unstuck. This is after a rigorous cleaning with IPA.

In the end, I applied E6000 adhesive to all the spots where the tape was failing and let it sit for a few hours with support under the skirt and it actually looks decent now. Not worried about the glue on the paint since I don't plan on taking these off or selling the car.

Should have gone with the Ikon's.
Sponsored

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Great write up Can i see some pics?

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
Agreed with the mounting, stupid thin tabs that have snapped on mine, used genuine 3M tape and no issues for a year now

Honda Civic 10th gen ABS Dynamics Side Skirts Review 166777010_315140393285798_1714250390215602033_n
Sponsored