First Name
sinan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport+
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone has applied abs dynamic type r style rear diffuser to Civic hatchback, can they share their experiences with us regarding fitment and installation.
Sponsored

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I got it and it was terrible. It fit like complete crap. I couldn’t get it to fit at all.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just get a OEM 2020 Hatch sport rear bumper lip if you have a hatch

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Fits like crap. You can make it work, but's not exactly plug and play, and I need to make brackets to secure the wheel well liner in the back
Thank you lol. I had the same issues and I ripped that bitch off and threw it away.

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Damn lol. Thank you guys for the info. The double confirmation convinced me ?
Time to visit the dealer. Wish I grabbed the 2020 diffuser when I heard they were only like $70-$90. How much have y'all seen them go for recently?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn lol. Thank you guys for the info. The double confirmation convinced me ?
Time to visit the dealer. Wish I grabbed the 2020 diffuser when I heard they were only like $70-$90. How much have y'all seen them go for recently?
Recently not sure, picked one up about about 6-8 months ago for $120 (in CA), and the exhaust cover for $8

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Recently not sure, picked one up about about 6-8 months ago for $120 (in CA), and the exhaust cover for $8

That's not too bad considering how much the Ikon and ABS dynamics diffusers are going for. I'd be ok paying up to $150 if that ends up being the case (especially since it should fit properly lol).

Is the exhaust cover the piece which goes around the center exhaust or a part that covers the hole one would have without the center exhaust? If the ladder I'd probably grab the cover too until I make the time to go to a muffler shop and reroute.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
That's not too bad considering how much the Ikon and ABS dynamics diffusers are going for. I'd be ok paying up to $150 if that ends up being the case (especially since it should fit properly lol).

Is the exhaust cover the piece which goes around the center exhaust or a part that covers the hole one would have without the center exhaust? If the ladder I'd probably grab the cover too until I make the time to go to a muffler shop and reroute.
It goes around. The cover that blocks it is an EU piece. The reason I didn't get OEM was because shipping was 150+$, so it would have been around 300$ from the sites I found.

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ouch, yeah that's a hit for just the diffuser. I've never gotten parts from a dealer (first car), I'm curious if they would charge shipping probably so huh?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ouch, yeah that's a hit for just the diffuser. I've never gotten parts from a dealer (first car), I'm curious if they would charge shipping probably so huh?
The dealer doesn’t charge shipping which is why I bought from the dealer and not a OEM website part distribution (their shipping was more than the lip). Ordered it at the dealer and it came the very next day, just went to go pick it up. The exhaust cover I did end up buying online because it was back ordered at all dealers with not ETA, so online that came out with shipping about $19.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Part numbers in the photo, and an example photo of it (it’s a little dark but you kinda see it). The exhaust cover isn’t really needed, you can run without it if you really wanted too. But no it doesn’t cover the center exhaust exit hole

Honda Civic 10th gen Abs dynamic tr style rear diffuser for hatchback 14F5CF3F-B868-40C7-A0D1-F4D3EC3C91CC

Honda Civic 10th gen Abs dynamic tr style rear diffuser for hatchback 802F1E7C-039E-4F4B-9A89-55C1B2BCE446

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is perfect thanks for posting these. So you're saying just the garnish would be needed right?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is perfect thanks for posting these. So you're saying just the garnish would be needed right?
Yeah, but the exhaust cover provides more support since it connects with the lip and from there held by 2 clips in the middle
Sponsored