About to turn my car over to a detailer - nervous

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I hand wash my car about once a week, but it's about time to get a wax. I don't have the supplies for that, so I am having it done by a detailer. He advertises - exterior body and tire wash/shined, clay bar treatment, buffing, windows cleaned, hand wax, and wheels waxed.

I'm nervous about having someone else do this. Any suggestions on questions I should ask? I did ask what products he uses, I did not recognize all of them, but he does use some Chemical Guys products.
Sponsored

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Those car products are very easily attainable at any car/parts store, Walmart , Amazon etc. No one is going to take deep care of your own car so I'd learn and do it myself the right way.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Those car products are very easily attainable at any car/parts store, Walmart , Amazon etc. No one is going to take deep care of your own car so I'd learn and do it myself the right way.
I would do it by myself too if your worried. Wax isn't that that expensive only around 15 dollars (synthetic sealents are the way to go lasts 6 months). And a clay bar kit only costs 15 bucks and tire shine about 5$. Just do it your self and save money, plus you get to do it more than once rather than paying the detailer over and over again. Unless you don't have time of course then go to detailer.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@civicT As with everything, do your research. Google reviews, instagram, facebook pages. With that being said, I only trust my car to low volume specialty detailers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
civicT

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I got my car back and he did a good job. I did do as much research as I could on his business. He worked on the car for about 3 hours. It is his business and he is the only employee, I figured since he worked for himself he had a vested interest in doing a good job.

Must say I was relieved once I got the car back, not easy turning it over to someone else. I may look into doing this myself in the future.

Truckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, at least he did perform a good job for you!
I got my car back and he did a good job. I did do as much research as I could on his business. He worked on the car for about 3 hours. It is his business and he is the only employee, I figured since he worked for himself he had a vested interest in doing a good job.

Must say I was relieved once I got the car back, not easy turning it over to someone else. I may look into doing this myself in the future.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag

I'll tell you this. I am always extremely worried about doing things myself, because I hesitate and feel like I won't do a good job. I also considered taking it to a detailer, but with the help of some people here I went and bought quite a few supplies ($150 worth), and I've been washing and waxing my car every two weeks (wax once a month). My car always comes out spotless and gets a nice shine from the wax. Unfortunately I park outside, so I don't get to enjoy that for long :p

Having that said, it certainly takes me more than 3h to do it all myself. Between vacuuming, cleaning interior, windows, washing, wax, it takes about 5 hours. On the plus side, I find it extremely relaxing to do it. Its almost therapeutic to me lol
Sponsored