About to look at a 2019 SI

bigcanoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Country flag
Hey all!

I have owned a few GTIs, Mustangs, Miatas, etc, but never a SI. I sold my last GTI and am looking for something new. I have decided to take a close look a bright yellow 2019 SI coupe that is for sale locally. Anyone have any advice on what to check for? I am looking for a part time commuter and occasional road trip car (nothing more than 4 hours). I enjoy some speed but I like tight, responsive steering and a good gearbox more. The 2019 seems to have most of the changes that the 2020 has except maybe no driver assistance options?
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all!

I have owned a few GTIs, Mustangs, Miatas, etc, but never a SI. I sold my last GTI and am looking for something new. I have decided to take a close look a bright yellow 2019 SI coupe that is for sale locally. Anyone have any advice on what to check for? I am looking for a part time commuter and occasional road trip car (nothing more than 4 hours). I enjoy some speed but I like tight, responsive steering and a good gearbox more. The 2019 seems to have most of the changes that the 2020 has except maybe no driver assistance options?

2020 refresh added more that just that. Up to you if they would be considered pro or cons... Here is what is new:
- Honda Sensing Suite
- Piped in fake engine noise
- Black 5 y-spoke wheels
- Paint-matched bumper facias
- Red front seats
- LED headlight housings
- LED foglight housings
- shorter final drive ratio

The only thing I personally like out of all those difference is the Adaptive Cruise control that comes with the Honda Sensing Suite. But that Suite also comes with a bunch of other nanny BS, like auto braking...

As far as things to look for in a used car, it's hard to tell if the car has been abused. These things are pretty reliable. There are known issues with weak batteries, failing injectors, bad AC compressors... but these are quick fixes at the dealer. A lot of buyers will tune their car, but you can't immediately tell if one has been tuned. Any red flags IMO would be if the car was not reverted to stock, then I wouldn't consider it.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Check for aftermarket parts under the hood, test the A/C, and when the car is on if the tachometer does anything weird when you press the "cancel" button (with cruise control off) then it's probably tuned. But even if it passes that last check doesn't guarantee it wasn't tuned before.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Along with the Honda Sensing suite comes the front windshield. In the event it needs to be replaced, everything needs to be recalibrated and the price difference between the 2018 vs the newer model is kinda steep.

OP
OP

bigcanoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Country flag
Thanks for pointing out the differences! This one has super low miles so I am guessing they just got tired of the highlighter yellow color :D

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Along with the Honda Sensing suite comes the front windshield. In the event it needs to be replaced, everything needs to be recalibrated and the price difference between the 2018 vs the newer model is kinda steep.
*2019 vs newer

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy the 2022 Si next month if this used one costs more than $26500.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is pretty ridiculous how much these are going for. There were 2 used 2019 Sis' in my neighborhood going for over $27k. But not surprising, since everyone was dumping theirs for more than they paid new lol

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just don't buy from this guy

Honda Civic 10th gen About to look at a 2019 SI Screenshot_20211021-153059

eff that guy and his dealership

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Me and a lot of people would take a 21 over a 22 at the same price.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
I mean, it IS a rare color AND it's discontinued which means it'll probably be worth more down the line if it's taking care of. :hmm:
Sponsored