About To Become a First Time Type R Owner - Need Your Expertise - Some Important Questions

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
Actually, since you were kind enough to offer, a picture would really help. At the bottom of my Sirius/XM screen it only has options to press like , "The 60's, "the 80's, Country, etc.
yes just hold your finger down on that station preset (60s, 80s, classic vinyl) while tuned into the station you want as the preset to override. Can add a pic this evening
Sponsored

OP
OP

Slapshot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i, 2021 Civic Type R (arrives July 27)
Country flag
yes just hold your finger down on that station preset (60s, 80s, classic vinyl) while tuned into the station you want as the preset to override. Can add a pic this evening
I think I can manage it from here, thanks again. It just wasn't apparent and the manual was of no help.

vandalous

First Name
Vandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread has been a godsend to answer some of my first-timer questions. I take delivery of a 21 Boost Blue after Labor Day weekend. Stoked!

OP
OP

Slapshot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks again barbapapa!

OP
OP

Slapshot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This thread has been a godsend to answer some of my first-timer questions. I take delivery of a 21 Boost Blue after Labor Day weekend. Stoked!
Congrats on the upcoming car. You will love it. It's certainly the most driving fun I've had per dollar in many, many years!

OP
OP

Slapshot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tried this tonight, on my way to dinner. I had the radio tuned in to the XM station I wanted. I touched the button at the bottom saying "The 80's" and held it, and it just sent the radio to "the 80's"channels. Apologies if I am missing something obvious. I already appreciate your help with this.

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
Tried this tonight, on my way to dinner. I had the radio tuned in to the XM station I wanted. I touched the button at the bottom saying "The 80's" and held it, and it just sent the radio to "the 80's"channels. Apologies if I am missing something obvious. I already appreciate your help with this.
not sure exactly what is happening there, maybe you need to press it a little more firmly to begin and hold it for longer, the color should go from the red to a pinkish color. Maybe your head unit is messed up.

Last edited:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just called Sirius/XM to have it turned on in the Type R, only to have them tell me it does not have that capability. I can't believe it. I just assumed it would be there, like every other car I've purchased in the last fifteen years. This is a real issue for me. Yes, there are times when I just want to hear the engine and sounds from the car, but when cruising down freeways, especially going to and from work, etc. etc. I always listen to Sirius/XM.
Yeah...they're full of it... All civics (including the Type R) should have at least a 3 mo trial subscription to XM...they are all capable (at least our '16 EX-L and my 17 Si were)...

OP
OP

Slapshot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah...they're full of it... All civics (including the Type R) should have at least a 3 mo trial subscription to XM...they are all capable (at least our '16 EX-L and my 17 Si were)...
Turned out that the car was too new, and the VIN number was not even in their system yet. All ended up fine.

OP
OP

Slapshot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone found a good, reasonably priced cargo net for the rear storage area of the Type R that works well?
Sponsored