Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a cheap laptop to use. Worked fine. That laptop is for sale now since I sold the car lol. DM me if interested.
Sponsored

bptruett

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ Civic Si Coupé
Country flag
I have Ktuner 1.2 and have a desktop pc but I also have my Macbook Pro for all my school stuff. What I did was use bootcamp to install windows 10 (super easy to do) and then downloaded Ktuner's software in windows 10. I just got TSP stage 1 also and the car feels so much more powerful than it did before. I also put tunerview with honda hack on my car and it was really easy and straightforward to do also, you just need to pay the $10 for honda hack. If you buy your Ktuner from TSP you also get the tune for free with them.

GotBoost?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 1992 Chevy Blazer
Country flag
...... I like the disabled rev hang too, but I hit the CC button and bring rev hang back on when I'm in low gears and low RPM's (otherwise the car will judder), like in a residential area....

Wait I must have missed that line in the instruction manual ? Having the CC activated enables rev hang ?

GotBoost?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 1992 Chevy Blazer
Country flag
That is correct. You don't have to actually be using cruise control, just press the button that turns the cruise light on and off. When the light is on, rev hang is enabled. You'll notice the car jerks a lot less when you let off the throttle at low speeds in low gears. This applies to Ktuner tunes, not the stock car.
Understood, great info thank you ! Do you know if this also applies to TSP stage 1 tunes ? All maps 1/2/3, normal and sport ?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I got KTuner 1.2 a couple of weeks ago, and recommend it. I love it, mostly for the throttle response so far above all else. I like the disabled rev hang too, but I hit the CC button and bring rev hang back on when I'm in low gears and low RPM's (otherwise the car will judder), like in a residential area.

I believe you need a PC for v1.2, though. That's what I had to use, especially to put on the TSP Stage 1 tune.

I also think people are using v1.2 with HondaHack or something to get into the headunit and have a lite version of TunerView.
Im curious, would you mind elaborating on the judder at low speed with rev hang disabled?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Understood, great info thank you ! Do you know if this also applies to TSP stage 1 tunes ? All maps 1/2/3, normal and sport ?
All maps and sport mode w/ TSP Stage 1 tune. Note that you can’t do on-the-fly map switching when you have the CC option enabled.

And just to reiterate, this isn’t with ACTUAL cruise control on. Just having the button pressed with it saying “CRUISE MAIN” in white lettering is all that I’m referring to. I guess the computer in the car knows to re-engage rev hang when this happens.

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im curious, would you mind elaborating on the judder at low speed with rev hang disabled?
Honestly, I’d have to film it, but I don’t know if the effect will come into play on camera. The best analogy I can put is what people simulate with their head/body when they are experiencing a jerky MT ride.

Are you on TSP Stage 1 yourself? I can imagine you’ve felt what I’m taking about if you’re on it.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly, I’d have to film it, but I don’t know if the effect will come into play on camera. The best analogy I can put is what people simulate with their head/body when they are experiencing a jerky MT ride.

Are you on TSP Stage 1 yourself? I can imagine you’ve felt what I’m taking about if you’re on it.
No im thinking of getting it. Just curious

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No im thinking of getting it. Just curious
Gotcha. Well, I essentially end most trips with that enabled for a smoother experience, but once I start hitting roads where 3rd and 4th gear is used, off it goes.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does this also happen with ktuner starter maps?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any map with a rev hang disabled. Honestly it's not any kind of big issue that should make you worry. You'll figure out pretty quick how you want to deal with it- either using the cruise control button toggle, the shift to neutral, or just ridiculously good pedal control. It's a pretty standard behavior of old school manuals.
If pedal control can remedy it then im not as worried. Thanks bro

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can also shift into neutral to avoid the jerkiness when slowing down at really low speeds and then revmatch back into gear when it is time to accelerate to avoid the jerkiness.
This is very true, and something I used to do in my old Honda. However, I had a neutrality complex where I was on it incessantly, every chance that I could get while driving (literally). After hearing that it doesn’t cut off fuel, that it’s illegal, dangerous, and not necessarily bettering your car in any way as it’s “meant to be in gear when moving,” I made a New Years resolution to quit neutral driving, and have since stopped with my new Honda. I know this is for a short period of time that you’re suggesting, but that would only being me back into the habit lol.

On the topic of pedal control, if you mean very slowly easing off the pedal to close the throttle slowly in return, sadly that’s not how it works with rev hang off. If you go off that pedal in that scenario, you’re going to jerk. It’s almost preferred to go off it fast (in the sense that you’re driving faster at that point than if you ease off it).

I seem to remember my 99 Civic not having this issue outside of 1st gear, but perhaps that’s because I was in neutral all the time lol.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
To be honest, I don't use the rev hang disable as much as I thought I would. I really only enjoy it when shifting at WOT, which isn't all that often during the daily grind. Mostly I just leave the cruise control on active/standby.
Sponsored