First Name
戴瑞敏
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I just recently tuned my car and am getting what, to my understanding, are weird or even potentially bad fuel trim readings and was hoping someone here who knows more than me could tell me if I should be worried or not and What can I do about it

Info about the car:

1.5T L15b8

base map 2

PRL Stage 1 intake hose (not using a PRL filter though)

Relevant readings (tell me if I should add more here):

LTFTB1: -14% to -15%

Knck ctrl: 0.49 to 0.59
Sponsored

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
flash it back to stock and see if fuel trims correct themselves, if they do then it is the tune itself. If not, check for any vacuum leaks around intake.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The MAF curve is not altered in our tunes, so you should essentially have the same fuel trims on the factory tune. Those do seem higher than what most see on this platform, but it could be a mix of your engine, fuel, and weather especially if you let it idle a lot in stop and go traffic etc.

OP
OP
Dairm

Dairm

First Name
戴瑞敏
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The MAF curve is not altered in our tunes, so you should essentially have the same fuel trims on the factory tune. Those do seem higher than what most see on this platform, but it could be a mix of your engine, fuel, and weather especially if you let it idle a lot in stop and go traffic etc.
I see. Thank you for your answer

OP
OP
Dairm

Dairm

First Name
戴瑞敏
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It's been a long time, I replaced a BMC air filter element, which is still hovering at -12. What should I do to restore the normal value?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Basically it's what KTuner said. You're essentially running the stock intake. Could be something as simple as you driving a lot in traffic with much idling.

OP
OP
Dairm

Dairm

First Name
戴瑞敏
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Basically it's what KTuner said. You're essentially running the stock intake. Could be something as simple as you driving a lot in traffic with much idling.
Well, I don't have to worry too much about this
Sponsored