dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Been following this guy's progress. He managed to swap an accord's 2.0 engine into the SI and apparently is still using the stock SI ecu management.

Maybe this will be the go to swap in the future when there's plenty of 2.0T accords in junk yards

Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's a very niche swap at the moment. Accord owners are currently limited by their HPFP. Once a solution for that is settled there is potential to dip into the 400s while being fairly reliable.

OP
OP
dark_knight097

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
It's a very niche swap at the moment. Accord owners are currently limited by their HPFP. Once a solution for that is settled there is potential to dip into the 400s while being fairly reliable.
Yeah. Im guessing only with time when its more easy to get a junkyard k20c4 will this swap be more viable for a lot more people.

I'm very curious to see how far they can push it.
Interestingly enough they've already manage to hit 400hp/365tq on pump gas with a fuel line mod and larger in tank pump.

Would love to see what this set up can do on flex fuel or upgraded hpfp like the XDI pump the type r guys just recently got.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Uhh why is this not being talked about more? This has got me thinking on doing this swap instead of building my motor. I’m at 362whp 310wtq with W1, FBO on 35% ethanol. He broke 400whp with just a 2867r (for an si) on pump gas! That’s insane!

This is a game changer, any more updates from him? I don’t have an ig.

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Damn, that start up sounds mad good. Got a good laugh at the whole thing rocking back and forth in the engine bay.

Interested in seeing more developments for this.

OP
OP
dark_knight097

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Uhh why is this not being talked about more? This has got me thinking on doing this swap instead of building my motor. I’m at 362whp 310wtq with W1, FBO on 35% ethanol. He broke 400whp with just a 2867r (for an si) on pump gas! That’s insane!

This is a game changer, any more updates from him? I don’t have an ig.
The last update I seen was of him racing a type r a few weeks ago.

But he did say if anyone was looking to do a similar swap to hit him up

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Another few years everyone will be looking for used accord engines rather than trying for Si or type R swaps.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe this will be the go to swap in the future when there's plenty of 2.0T accords in junk yards
i think (i hope) by that time there will be some way more appealing options in the form of full electric conversion kits...maybe even a dual engine setup with 4 wheel drive...
like a CiviC P90D haha :beer: HOLD MY BEER

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which GearBox is he using with K20C4?
The accord 6 speed with a type r clutch. Type r trans will bolt right up but has a transmission oil cooler that might cause an issue, but might not.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Accord 6 speed means the K20R/k24 six speed Transmission(NA Transmission)?
or the K20C Turbo transmission.
Does the K20C4 is offered with Manual gear As well?

this Is one Expensive Swap.

engine 3K
tranny 2-3K
turbo 3K
Clutch 1K
Swap and tune?
The c4 6 speed. None of the other k series stuff works with the k20c stuff. The guy said the swap can be done for $6-$7k. Axles are the most expensive.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for all the information.
I am new to this plateform and Accord is not offered here in any configration .

So K20C4 also comes with Manual gear aswell.

Are the foundation bolts on or some fabrication is required .
No problem, I’m also learning as I go. I did talk with the guy about it and I think he’s using Si mounts, wiring, computer, ac compressor and PRL turbo kit from the L15. Locks vtec which he said isn’t an issue since it’s only exhaust and very subtle. $1500 for custom axles though, biggest expense.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem, I’m also learning as I go. I did talk with the guy about it and I think he’s using Si mounts, wiring, computer, ac compressor and PRL turbo kit from the L15. Locks vtec which he said isn’t an issue since it’s only exhaust and very subtle. $1500 for custom axles though, biggest expense.
Still not bad for a 6-7k swap imo I’m thinking about it now ?? i was offered the same setup nick had when he broke the hp record for around 7-8k & eman has his built motor prices set around there also. The only issue I see going on is getting everything shipped to Los Angeles since they’re based in Florida & labor costs over here. Definitely a maybe for me...

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still not bad for a 6-7k swap imo I’m thinking about it now ?? i was offered the same setup nick had when he broke the hp record for around 7-8k & eman has his built motor prices set around there also. The only issue I see going on is getting everything shipped to Los Angeles since they’re based in Florida & labor costs over here. Definitely a maybe for me...
For real man, I’m definitely thinking about doing it myself and have him help with everything I need to do. I just don’t want warning lights, I’m super anal about that even if it doesn’t effect anything. Im building an l15 on the side but with everything on back order, makes me want to sell it and get a c4 and do the swap.
Sponsored