AA Wireless: Wireless Android Auto

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
For those wondering, works flawlessly in my 2020 FC3... Really nice being wireless, I just put my phone on the wireless charger and go... No interference issues with the wireless charger and using a thick Armor Samsung case. Considering Honda killed the future plan of a 10th gen software upgrade, this is as good as it gets. Small company, but support has been great.

If your using it, post what phone and cable your using, any issues as a data base for the 10th gen community.

AA Wireless

Honda Civic 10th gen AA Wireless: Wireless Android Auto Screenshot_20211109-162027_Instagram
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
How do you know this? I haven't seen anything confirming this or anything.

Props to this company though.
This was a while ago, early 2020... There was a Android Auto wireless thread on Reddit about it, but again it's Reddit lol... Some who did the survey from Honda said they weren't doing it.. Again all hearsay, but regardless I think COVID put the nail in that coffin regardless.

At that point I started looking at options and came across this. Yet to hear anything negative about this product. I will say there are a ton of morons bitching about shipping, as if the company has control over that... No complaints of the actual product lol.

The way I have it setup in the SI, I can see the status LED easily and ability to swap out cables if needed.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Curious, what's the problem with just plugging in your phone? The placement of the cable and tray under the dash is out of the way and hidden.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tempted to try this.

Do you also have your headunit hacked?

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Can I ask, how is the audio quality? Have you experienced any lag, like with maps or Waze?

TY
Audio is great, sounds at least as good as wired, it also feels faster which is strange, since your adding a "middle man". I wonder if the headunit has less to interpret, with the wireless module talking to the headunit ? No idea really lol, my background Mechanical Design.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I put wireless carplay in my Frontier, honestly I like the wired better. Its more responsive to the apps such as fast forwarding and plus it picks it up faster. I have a phone mount on my vent that works great so I just pop it in there and plug it in.

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
I put wireless carplay in my Frontier, honestly I like the wired better. Its more responsive to the apps such as fast forwarding and plus it picks it up faster. I have a phone mount on my vent that works great so I just pop it in there and plug it in.
No lag with AA, comes down to quality and R&D really. This connects through 5G, sounds like what you had probably was connecting though bluetooth / Aliexpress special ?

From what I can tell it's a pretty small company. I figure these guys will do a proper car play one at some point. They started development in 2018 I believe.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No lag with AA, comes down to quality and R&D really. This connects through 5G, sounds like what you had probably was connecting though bluetooth / Aliexpress special ?

From what I can tell it's a pretty small company. I figure these guys will do a proper car play one at some point. They started development in 2018 I believe.
5G as in 5Ghz wifi?

Honestly you've sold me on this already as I'm tired of fiddling with cables and having them fail after a few months due to constant connecting/disconnecting. Gonna give this a go.

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
5G as in 5Ghz wifi?

Honestly you've sold me on this already as I'm tired of fiddling with cables and having them fail after a few months due to constant connecting/disconnecting. Gonna give this a go.
Yeah, not sure if it uses a mix of bluetooth and WiFi, but this is the specs. I'm going to order other one, wanted to try it out first in case I had any issues. Worse part is the supply issues currently from what they have said. I would say if you order one now, expect 3-6 months wait lol :(

Cables suck, I have had a few cables fail, and time to time disconnects from the phone moving around. With not having to plug in and out I'm hoping they last longer being fixed to the module. I feel like the cables can't handle the temperature swings between heat/cold over time. I have tried Samsung / Anker / Aukey / Cable Creations. Always pull from the molded end and never from the wire. Sooner or later they all start randomly disconnecting / 7" MMI errors which leads me to believe it's temperature changes degrading the cable joints.
Honda Civic 10th gen AA Wireless: Wireless Android Auto 1636563994624

Last edited:

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Curious, what's the problem with just plugging in your phone? The placement of the cable and tray under the dash is out of the way and hidden.
I have no problem doing that, but my current phone barely fits in the tray. I have to put it sideways, and I can't lay it flat. Especially with the cable connected.