Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Everytime the topic of modifying ones car comes up (especially tuning) our community seems split into two groups: 1.those who mod 2. Those who think its moronic to do so.

To start the Year off right i thought i should post about a mod i figured both groups could get behind!

I have subframe bracing on my 9th gen and it makes a world of difference. Even before i bought my new Si i was researching subframe bracing assuming the new 10th gen would benefit from it as well, i soon learned the new chassis was way stiffer stock for stock. It caught my eye that the Type R came with a subframe brace stock. But i stopped researching assuming the new chassis would be enough.

After owning the 10th gen a few days, i was amazed. The new chassis was miles ahead of the previous gen. I couldnt get that Type R subframe brace out of my head. Not because i necessarily thought the car needed it, but because there was no real review of it on a Si and if Honda has it on the Type R it must do something, right? It was 38$ and $4 for the bolts so i caved and bought one.

Install was a breeze, thanks @jacobegg for the extra set of hands!

I immediately felt a difference coming out of my bumpy neighborhood road. The pot holes and bumps where much more pronounced, the car seemed less forgiving in that sense. I immediately got on the freeway and drove 1 mile to the nearest 180° highway exit. The results where awesome

This brace shined at highspeed sweeping turns. It didnt increase corning speed like maybe a sway bar would. It doesnt increase the "limit" of the car. It does, however, make finding the limit and riding it much easier. The car felt settled much sooner during turn in and made holding a line much less work. Its such a confidence booster when approaching turns. It almost makes turning on these stock eagle all seasons fun!

For a OEM piece that cost under $50 im blown away. I hope someone finds this helpful and i wish you all and your families a happy new year!
Sponsored

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Very nice. In the larger sense we all need to get along. Politics are polarizing. All of our social media leads us to take sides and ONLY associate with others who share the same thoughts. I will consider this in the spring time. The strut tower bar ... I would like to have that as well! Something to look forward to.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Very nice. In the larger sense we all need to get along. Politics are polarizing. All of our social media leads us to take sides and ONLY associate with others who share the same thoughts. I will consider this in the spring time. The strut tower bar ... I would like to have that as well! Something to look forward to.
what do politics have to do with the subframe brace o_O

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
After I felt this difference In his car I turned around and ordered me one too! Install is super easy and the price is great. So why not?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone fitted one on the 10th-gen sedan (non-Si)? I know it fits the Si and hatchback but haven't heard any confirmation on the regular sedan.

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Has anyone fitted one on the 10th-gen sedan (non-Si)? I know it fits the Si and hatchback but haven't heard any confirmation on the regular sedan.
Normal sedan here! Don’t think I have seen anyone put it on a normal sedan. But I’ve seen it fits every other body style. It also fits a sedan si. So I’m 99% sure it’ll fit mine when it comes in this week. But I’ll report back!

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I felt no difference whatsoever. I have ultra race front strut, ultra rear tower, cusco RMM, and more. It does nothing when you have mods

Muscleman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rigby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Everytime the topic of modifying ones car comes up (especially tuning) our community seems split into two groups: 1.those who mod 2. Those who think its moronic to do so.

To start the Year off right i thought i should post about a mod i figured both groups could get behind!

I have subframe bracing on my 9th gen and it makes a world of difference. Even before i bought my new Si i was researching subframe bracing assuming the new 10th gen would benefit from it as well, i soon learned the new chassis was way stiffer stock for stock. It caught my eye that the Type R came with a subframe brace stock. But i stopped researching assuming the new chassis would be enough.

After owning the 10th gen a few days, i was amazed. The new chassis was miles ahead of the previous gen. I couldnt get that Type R subframe brace out of my head. Not because i necessarily thought the car needed it, but because there was no real review of it on a Si and if Honda has it on the Type R it must do something, right? It was 38$ and $4 for the bolts so i caved and bought one.

Install was a breeze, thanks @jacobegg for the extra set of hands!

I immediately felt a difference coming out of my bumpy neighborhood road. The pot holes and bumps where much more pronounced, the car seemed less forgiving in that sense. I immediately got on the freeway and drove 1 mile to the nearest 180° highway exit. The results where awesome

This brace shined at highspeed sweeping turns. It didnt increase corning speed like maybe a sway bar would. It doesnt increase the "limit" of the car. It does, however, make finding the limit and riding it much easier. The car felt settled much sooner during turn in and made holding a line much less work. Its such a confidence booster when approaching turns. It almost makes turning on these stock eagle all seasons fun!

For a OEM piece that cost under $50 im blown away. I hope someone finds this helpful and i wish you all and your families a happy new year!
I didn't feel shit

OP
OP
Maroco

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I felt no difference whatsoever. I have ultra race front strut, ultra rear tower, cusco RMM, and more. It does nothing when you have mods
Seeing as you already have 2 other body braces not including the Type r one. Seemed to have thrown alot of parts at the car that do pretty similar things

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Normal sedan here! Don’t think I have seen anyone put it on a normal sedan. But I’ve seen it fits every other body style. It also fits a sedan si. So I’m 99% sure it’ll fit mine when it comes in this week. But I’ll report back!
Edit: I am potentially wrong. Whether or not every car has the threaded holes needs more data to be collected.

People have tried. Only the Si and the hatchback have the threaded mounting holes. You're probably going to find holes with nothing to thread the bolts into.

Last edited:

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
People have tried. Only the Si and the hatchback have the threaded mounting holes. You're probably going to find holes with nothing to thread the bolts into.
Well it’s cheap and not hard to get to. If it won’t work with my car then oh well! Only one way to find out