A worthy upgrade

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
There are multiple empty hole in the subframe. Its easy to miss the right ones. I have a hard time believing there is one model of civic with a subframe that has a different manufacturing process. Why would they go through the trouble of not putting threads on just the EX? Not saying you are wrong. Just doesnt seem logical to me
You can't really be saying I'm wrong anyway, I'm pointing out another member couldn't mount the brace because his holes weren't threaded. Whether or not he was mounting it in the correct holes has nothing to do with me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maroco

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
You can't really be saying I'm wrong anyway, I'm pointing out another member couldn't mount the brace because his holes weren't threaded. Whether or not he was mounting it in the correct holes has nothing to do with me.
Sounds good bro

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have done the Type R subframe brace and Rear sway bar. Made a noticeable difference on the track. Less body roll and a little more oversteer. I have a Type R RMM I want to install, which will hopefully help with wheel hop/traction. I know it won't be a huge difference, but I do not want a ton of vibration.
Would it fit on a Hatchback Sport?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You think everything could fit in from a 2018 Type R?

Front Strut Bar
Rear sway bar
Subframe Bracing
RMM
Rear sway bar - yes
Subframe brace - yes
RMM - yes
Front strut bar - Type R doesn't come with one. I recommend the Ultra Racing or DC Sports one piece bars.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Subframe brace torque spec: 40 lb-ft

Lol. Read the entire 11 pages on the other thread trying to find this info and thanks to @jacobegg for mentioning it.

Smoothmist91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Si Coupe
Country flag
Good to know, thank you. When you do replace the stock Eagles, you may want to pony up for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires. I did and noticed a huge difference in grip, which was already pretty strong. Also wet traction was much, much better as well. Of course if it snows in OK you're out of luck, or drops below freezing...
...not a common occurrence here in this part of AZ.
Those tires are awesome. I have them in 235/35ZR19

twaugh5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Good to know, thank you. When you do replace the stock Eagles, you may want to pony up for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires. I did and noticed a huge difference in grip, which was already pretty strong. Also wet traction was much, much better as well. Of course if it snows in OK you're out of luck, or drops below freezing...
...not a common occurrence here in this part of AZ.
Subframe brace torque?

twaugh5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Everytime the topic of modifying ones car comes up (especially tuning) our community seems split into two groups: 1.those who mod 2. Those who think its moronic to do so.

To start the Year off right i thought i should post about a mod i figured both groups could get behind!

I have subframe bracing on my 9th gen and it makes a world of difference. Even before i bought my new Si i was researching subframe bracing assuming the new 10th gen would benefit from it as well, i soon learned the new chassis was way stiffer stock for stock. It caught my eye that the Type R came with a subframe brace stock. But i stopped researching assuming the new chassis would be enough.

After owning the 10th gen a few days, i was amazed. The new chassis was miles ahead of the previous gen. I couldnt get that Type R subframe brace out of my head. Not because i necessarily thought the car needed it, but because there was no real review of it on a Si and if Honda has it on the Type R it must do something, right? It was 38$ and $4 for the bolts so i caved and bought one.

Install was a breeze, thanks @jacobegg for the extra set of hands!

I immediately felt a difference coming out of my bumpy neighborhood road. The pot holes and bumps where much more pronounced, the car seemed less forgiving in that sense. I immediately got on the freeway and drove 1 mile to the nearest 180° highway exit. The results where awesome

This brace shined at highspeed sweeping turns. It didnt increase corning speed like maybe a sway bar would. It doesnt increase the "limit" of the car. It does, however, make finding the limit and riding it much easier. The car felt settled much sooner during turn in and made holding a line much less work. Its such a confidence booster when approaching turns. It almost makes turning on these stock eagle all seasons fun!

For a OEM piece that cost under $50 im blown away. I hope someone finds this helpful and i wish you all and your families a happy new year!
What torque did you use. Imagine 60ft lbs?

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda’s installation guide says 40lbs
Sponsored