A story of whoa is this type R and its insurer Geico

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Not a windshield, but when my windows were hit by a dust devil here in Colorado in January, I called my insurance USAA and filed a claim. They said I could go to any window repair place, but they recommended Safelite so I went with them. When I spoke to Safelite, I told them I wanted OEM glass to replace the ones that were damaged. They said they needed to speak to USAA and have them approve it and after a day they got the go-ahead. Safelite should be the one to speak with insurance and get it approved. I know I have USAA and not Geico, but so far they have been solid about letting me get OEM parts vs. aftermarket for my R. Sucks that they did such a shitty job installing, and for Geico to deny you OEM for a car that is relatively new.
USAA is the insurance company to have presuming you qualify. I've had only one homeowners & one auto claim & they were prompt & fair. The auto shop said they were the best. That was a few years ago, but Consumer Reports always rates them #1, and sometimes Amica is tied at #1 with them,
Sponsored

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
yeah Geico is terrible. I'd never even consider them for insurance.
Yeah, well GEICO is an acronym. “G” for government. That’s all I need to know to never use them.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, well GEICO is an acronym. “G” for government. That’s all I need to know to never use them.
GEICO is not government-based. They initially sold insurance to government employees, just like USAA sells to military members and is why Government is the first word in the acronym. The second is 'Employees'.

This was done based on a lower assessed risk for that group of people. They've been insurance non-government employees since the '70s.

It is in no way a government run business.

For everyone with doom, gloom and 'whoa' about Geico... there are a whole lot of us that have had it for years, have low rates, and have filed claims without any issue.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Consumer Reports: 10 lowest-rated auto insurers
(#1 is worst)

1. MAPFRE North America Group
  2. MetLife Auto & Home Group
  3. Mercury General Group
  4. Progressive Insurance Group
  5. Liberty Mutual Insurance Companies
  6. Nationwide Group
  7. Allstate
  8. Farmers Insurance
  9. Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group (Geico)
  10. State Farm
Oh yeah, I dumped Farmers (after doing business with them for many years) when they told me it would cost $500 to insure a garaged car (that wouldn't be driven) while i deployed to Iraq for six months.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you tell us the 10 best now? I have State Farm. :(

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
mine is AAA and have filed 2 claims and both went smoothly and i requested oem parts at my designated shops as well.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had Progressive for full coverage and liabilty for 2 cars. Premium started at $158 per month, then jumped to $218 after 1 year. I switched to Allstate and now pay $110 for the same coverage.
Sponsored