A reality check for distracted drivers, and a thank you to Honda

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest I would prefer that my commercial airline pilot was actually flying. It's all fly by wire these days from what I understand, except for take-off and landing.
There is no difference between takeoff and landing and regular flight. Fly-by-wire is just a term for an electronic interface to the controls versus a mechanical interface.
Sponsored

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Wasnt surprised that the other driver was a woman, dudes can be idiots behind the wheel but some women drivers are just plain dangerous because of their bad driving skills, lack of awareness, and just piss poor reaction time. Call me sexist I dont care.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you shouldnt be multitasking, you should be driving, especially when carrying other people in your car and especially when you are driving them as part of your job.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
comparing texting and driving to the 1st and 2nd amendment lol. Texting and driving has been proven to be more dangerous than drunk driving. Only a psychotic would say preaching about the dangers of distracted driving is a bad thing......Hopefully you never get hit by a distracted driver, and have to go through the pain of a year long rehab from the accident.
So you think Being impaired physically and mentally behind the wheel is better than texting and driving? It’s only more dangerous because far more people text and drive. But to say that drunk driving is safer? Their have been drunk drivers dragging poles down the road with them they are so impaired.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you think Being impaired physically and mentally behind the wheel is better than texting and driving? It’s only more dangerous because far more people text and drive. But to say that drunk driving is safer? Their have been drunk drivers dragging poles down the road with them they are so impaired.
WHAT IN TARNATION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Where did I ever say anything of the sort? Must be a serial text and driver. Quote me where I said drunk driving was better than texting and driving. But for your reading pleasure....

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/livable-city/la-oe-wilson-texting-while-driving-20180404-story.html

Honda Civic 10th gen A reality check for distracted drivers, and a thank you to Honda upload_2019-1-28_8-36-18

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a really good idea, I see it in cabbies and Uber drivers all the time. You basically risk your life getting in someone elses car who drives you for a living and tries multitasking, but hey at least they will kill someone instead of me when Ive been drinking

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jeez, between this and another thread, I've had to ignore about four people this week :(

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They should make the cars stop texting and driving mandatory instead of all these crazy emission laws..

OP
OP

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Glad to know she’s okay!!! Horrible how people care more about other things than their safety and others !!

Also glad to see the car stood up to that unfortunate test.

Thanks for sharing your story !
Holy Fuck, glad she's ok.

On this kind of situation, as much as we love our cars, fuck it, are the people inside what really matters.

*edit because spelling
Thank you both for the kind words.

I wanted to check in and give an update. The police report (finally!) came out last week.. Witnesses confirmed what we already knew; the other driver was distracted and never touched the brakes, hitting the rear of my girlfriend's Civic at approximately 60 MPH. The other driver admitted to police that her "purse fell on the floor and I bent down to pick it up. By the time I looked up, there was no time to stop." She was driving a 2012 VW Jetta. It was listed as being towed from the scene but also listed as drive-able (?) Not understanding how, but hey, maybe we all need to buy 2012 Jettas if they are that tough! Not surprisingly, the Civic was declared a total loss.

While my girlfriend didn't have any broken bones, she is suffering from a concussion, a severe case of vertigo, whiplash, and tinnitus. Both the vertigo and the tinnitus has been getting a little better day by day She's been working from home all this time - we are both so thankful for how understanding and flexible her employers have been. As long as her vertigo continues to improve, she's hoping to actually go back into the office next week.

So thanks again for everyone's well-wishes, positive comments, similar stories, etc. I am thankful every single day for waking up in the morning and seeing my girlfriend sleeping next to me. A bit melodramatic, perhaps, but the accident pictures don't lie... it could have been much, much worse.
Sponsored