a question to those living in Ohio and bought a newer used car!!

OP
OP
oocrazyoo_shadow

oocrazyoo_shadow

First Name
nice try fbi
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 honda fit 5 spd. 2020 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they aren’t certifying it, that means they know something that was done to the car that makes them uncomfortable giving you an extended certified pre-owned warranty.

When the car is new it has a 36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. When I bought my Si used with 20,500 miles on it, the dealership certified it and my bumper to bumper went to 48,000 miles and powertrain 100,000 miles.

Ask them why they will not certify it and give you the original warranty. If they won’t tell you, don’t even touch that car. My guess is that they know it was tuned.

I see you are from Indy. My Si was bought at Honda of Fishers. I spend a lot of time in Ohio for work and have visited a few of their dealerships. Some of them seem a bit shady. Ohio is Honda land and they know it.
Ok I see what you are saying, the difference between used and certified pre owned. I'll look into that part of it.

jred721

First Name
James
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
i just checked the carfax it was bought in september of 2020 and given back in january of 2021

the warranty says the following

basic 36 months or 36k miles remaining 33 months or 33k miles
drivetrain 60 months or 60k miles remaining 57 months or 57k miles
emissions 96 months or 80k miles remaining 93 months or 77k miles
corrosion 60 months or unlimited miles remaining 57 months or unlimited mileage
transferable no cost unlimited owners covered same
roadside assistance 36 months or 36k miles remaining 33 months or 33k miles

i feel like i dont need an extended (and possibly shady) warranty and this is enough in the sense that i (if i purchase it) will be the second owner and have ABSOLUTELY no plans of getting rid of it.
If you're getting the price you want then just snag the car and ride off into the sunset. A car that new is probably in good condition anyway, only so much can go wrong.

CameronGraham

First Name
Cameron
Reaction score
Car(s)
golf 6
Country flag
Yeah, the prices on used cars have been rising, and everyone calls is "strange times". It's good when you sell the car, but when you look to buy one it's not so good. The coronavirus have made us start buying used cars online because it was impossible to buy one at a dealership because all of them were closed. This is good, in a way that you can buy a car while sitting in your chair, but a huge downside is that you can't see the car before the shipping. This can be an easy way for scammers to do their thing. I hope these websites can make it possible to get rid of the scam.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement