First Name
T/Rutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First, I apologize if this has already been completely figured out or if there's a hundred other threads on it, I've looked around at a few on here but still couldn't find an exact remedy.

Probably the most annoying rattle to me is that d*mn A-pillar rattle, thinking about taking it to the dealer and having them address it but if there is a simple do-it-yourself soloution I will go with that, obviously lol.

thanks for any and all help fam
Sponsored

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
if your car is under warranty, do not bother at ripping your A-pillar apart. Just take to dealer and they'll fix it no problem.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just push some foam from the outside between the dash and pillar cover, 2 minutes and you are done, there is no need to waste hours at the dealership

Plezor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS sedan 2016
Country flag
First, I apologize if this has already been completely figured out or if there's a hundred other threads on it, I've looked around at a few on here but still couldn't find an exact remedy.

Probably the most annoying rattle to me is that d*mn A-pillar rattle, thinking about taking it to the dealer and having them address it but if there is a simple do-it-yourself soloution I will go with that, obviously lol.

thanks for any and all help fam
I had such rattles. Removing A pillars is easy. First pop out the small plastic cover towards the top of the trim. There is a screw under it that you need to remove. After that gently pop out the the pillar trim (now held by a push clip at the back). Find some foam and place behind and see how it goes. It seems that rattle comes mainly from where the pillar trim meets the dashboard. I also put some soft cloth in between these surfaces.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I've got the same rattley stuff happening in the roof near the handle. I've found that the snaps that hold the roof liner are easy to unsnap so I'm hesitant to toss any foam in there assuming at may be too thick to get the snaps to hold...

Is there an air bag in the A pillar? Any concern of that popping?

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
If it sounds like a grocery bag being shaken around or blowing in the wind, it's the god damn headliner. Its been slowly driving me crazy as it gets worse and worse over time. I had a frustrating day a few weeks ago and the drive home had me mini-rage at that rattle.

I started pulling at that headliner and found it. The layer of "insulation" they use for the headliner is unbelievably cheap. It's like...imitation velcro that shreds apart. I peeled it apart some and put gorilla tape on both sides to stop it "velcro"-stitching together and it helped for a while...but because of the nature of the headliner, the more you pull it apart, the more it split it deeper in the headliner. I might go crazy enough from it that I tear apart the whole headliner and replace it with something else.

Sorry I don't have a picture.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Easy fix. One bolt under the caution label, + some felt tape from amazon and you're done.

mormandy3

First Name
Michael Ormandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EXT
I used foam weatherstripping tape, $1 at Walmart. Loosen the one screw, remove pillar, need a bit of foam at the bottom so that the cover can't rattle on the dash, and strips down the length of the cover on the back so that foam is between cover and metal a-pillar preventing that rattle as well.

And for the "take it to the dealership" advice, yeah, that's how it SHOULD work I agree. I went twice and got the "our tech didn't hear anything" BS both times, a waste of my time and frustrating...just figured it out myself. Now I just need to figure out the glove box rattle, and the rattle coming from the area of the front passenger door. The rattle coming from the middle of the dash happens now and then as well. Awesome car but the noise issues are pretty ridiculous.