Texchappy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring in Aegean Blue, 2008 MINI JCW convertible
Country flag
Always loved the prelude but never was able to have one. In the zone where they made sense for me they had been discontinued. I noticed when researching the Touring I just picked up that they have designs of one. Do you think it’s going to be made? What have y’all seen about it? What do y’all think?

http://tophondacars.com/2019-honda-prelude-release-date/
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately I'd say it's simply a dream for now.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nobody will buy it so its basically a pipe dream. They have enough cars to cover the entire lineup that rehashing an old model is not feasible anymore. Especially with the "all cars electric by 2020" crap.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sadly those renders are years old. There was some speculation that Honda decided to discontinue the accord coupe because they were thinking of bringing back the prelude nameplate to stand in as a larger coupe offering.

I've personally felt it'd be good for honda to add 2 key cars to the lineup and that'd be competition for the american muscle car market, and a new roadster to compete with the miata. IMO, the prelude could make a great modern day japanese muscle car, offering the 2.0T and a Turbo v6 as engine choices, while possibly offering AWD as an option on higher trims honda could out handle and out class the turbo and v6 variants of the camaro and mustangs, but as others have said, that's a pipe dream at this point.

I feel like once electric tech becomes more accessible/affordable/mainstream we'll see another surge of sport/sporty cars on the market but until then customers and auto makers are keeping things simple by offering only what they know will be bought in high amounts, which for the average driver tends to be boring, slow and cheap.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Selling my 5th gen in NY if you're interested. Fully stock and ready to mod.
Sponsored