OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Oh I see what you’re saying. I didn’t think about the cigarette lighter plug. Thanks for the tip
Yes, maybe something like this .. with 2 ports -- one for the TPMS, and one for a spare charging lead so that your passenger can charge their phone (etc)
The Voltmeter is a nice addition... a little difficult to see tucked away, but you can bend forward and view it if you believe your battery is low, or you want to check that the alternator is charging correctly.
Makes it a little more obvious when you "High Quality, Long life Honda Battery" is getting near the end of it's short life :drive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-3-USB...rger-1224V-Digital-LED-Voltmeter/372221050990

Honda Civic 10th gen A new - better  Direct TPMS system s-l1600
Sponsored

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
NICE -- your one has an extra feature that mine does not .
【6 ALARM MODES AND INTELLIGENT VOICE PROMPT - BOOST DRIVING SAFETY】: ** FAST OR LOW LEAK ALARM ** HIGH PRESSURE OR TEMPERATURE ALARM ** SENSOR FAULT OR BATTERY LOW POWER ALARM ** (Press any button will stop alarming).

That is so cool - mine just BEEPS if there is an issue .. but even so, its far better than the useless Honda Indirect TPMS

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
NICE -- your one has an extra feature that mine does not .
【6 ALARM MODES AND INTELLIGENT VOICE PROMPT - BOOST DRIVING SAFETY】: ** FAST OR LOW LEAK ALARM ** HIGH PRESSURE OR TEMPERATURE ALARM ** SENSOR FAULT OR BATTERY LOW POWER ALARM ** (Press any button will stop alarming).

That is so cool - mine just BEEPS if there is an issue .. but even so, its far better than the useless Honda Indirect TPMS
I got the unit based on your original post. Thank you for bringing all of this information to light in the first place!

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you need to rebalance after installing these caps?
The caps that came with my unit weigh 11.9 grams each. I ordered some stick on wheel weights to put on the opposite side to balance them out but they haven’t arrived yet. I haven’t noticed any vibration from having them installed without balancing them out.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Do you need to rebalance after installing these caps?
I've not noticed any vibration after install. I did not have my tires re-balanced. I'm still very happy with the unit.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The caps that came with my unit weigh 11.9 grams each. I ordered some stick on wheel weights to put on the opposite side to balance them out but they haven’t arrived yet. I haven’t noticed any vibration from having them installed without balancing them out.
11.9 Grams = 0.42 oz

Minimum balancing weight is 0.25 Oz, and I doubt if most wheel are balanced to an accuracy of 0.25 oz !!! 0.5 Oz if you are luckly
( you can probably get a finer resolution with weight tape)

But I very much doubt if removing the existing valve cap, and replacing it with a 0.42 oz TPMS sensor, is going to make a noticeable difference on the balancing of your wheel.

Note: some metal valve caps can weigh as much as 0.64 ounces, which is about 150% the weight of the TPMS sensor !!

I have these TPMS sensors fitted on both my cars, and have not noticed any vibration issues when driving at speed.

===========

FYI:
The TPMS sensors + security nut weigh 0.425 oz
The Original Honda Si valve caps weigh 0.050 0z

So the additional weigh in swapping out the original caps with the TPMS = 0.425 - 0.050 = 0.375 oz (10.6 grams)

A typical Honda Si wheel + tire weights 46 ib = 736 oz

So the additional TPMS weight = (0.375/736) * 100 % = 0.05 %

While this is not the same as the out-of-balance weight, it does show that the weight of the TPMS is VERY small, compared with the weight of the wheel, and is comparable to the minimum resolution of add-on balancing weights. so it would not be surprising that fitting these TPMS sensors makes no perceivable difference to the drive-ability of the car.

Last edited:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I just these from your ebay link scopeyes, weird thing is there was no SPURTAR logo. But it does seem to be lcd.
However i have noticed a problem with mine, they always report 3 psi higher than what the tires actually are anyone have a problem with this?
I made sure to check using my gauge and also my compressor.

Also when setting it up that exactly is that menu T/T?

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I picked up one from Amazon, and they read 1psi low (compared by my gauge, which of course might itself be incorrect), but at least they are all off by the same amount. I'm not terribly concerned about it, I just want to be able to have a way to keep an eye on my tire pressure without checking each individually.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Mine reads about 1-2 PSI lower than 2 different manual tire pressure gauges. The gauges match what my father's Silverado tells him his tires are, so I have reason to believe the manual gauges are correct.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Mine reads about 1-2 PSI lower than 2 different manual tire pressure gauges. The gauges match what my father's Silverado tells him his tires are, so I have reason to believe the manual gauges are correct.
Would be nice if these had a "calibration" feature that would let you manually adjust up or down to match a known-accurate gauge.

Bonong96

First Name
Morville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen A new - better  Direct TPMS system 7E97F662-842F-4471-A1BB-3E125EC3D851
Honda Civic 10th gen A new - better  Direct TPMS system AE8A9E04-982B-4874-BE44-EC40A7C3A286

I tried using the cigarette slot tpms but the downside is I cannot see it. So I got this instead much better.

Owen7501

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
7E97F662-842F-4471-A1BB-3E125EC3D851.jpeg
AE8A9E04-982B-4874-BE44-EC40A7C3A286.jpeg

I tried using the cigarette slot tpms but the downside is I cannot see it. So I got this instead much better.
Looks sick man, but How did you do it ? I've been trying to find something close to this for months