Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Have a look at how closely the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe production version stays to the Concept model. The overall shape, styling and proportions remain very similar. The biggest differences are the bumpers, mirrors, wheels, exhaust, and rear spoiler.

And, we could possibly still see elements of these Concept-specific parts on the upcoming Si models.

Honda Civic 10th gen A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept 1

Honda Civic 10th gen A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept 2

Honda Civic 10th gen A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept 3

Honda Civic 10th gen A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept 4

Honda Civic 10th gen A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept 5

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing you can always count on with honda, their concepts are pretty much 95% production ready, so you know what to expect.

Can't say the same for other automakers like subaru that keep like 10% of the their concepts form into production.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 9th generation
They really messed up with the bumpers. If they had the same bumpers as that of concept the car would have been a BOMB <3.
The concept looks bold and more powerful just because of the front and back bumpers.

Reactions: Ken

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
They really messed up with the bumpers. If they had the same bumpers as that of concept the car would have been a BOMB <3
Like some other guys said in other threads. That bumper is great for a concept car but it's overstyled and too boy-racer for a base production car. This is a mass produced car that has to appeal to a wide demographic. Once we saw the sedan design, we pretty much knew what the coupe's bumpers would look like. Not to mention the patent images that confirmed it.

Seeing the production coupe side by side like this I think it compares well to the concept and looks good on its own. It's probably as close as we reasonable could have expected it to be.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
What's amazing is they managed to get it even tighter looking and shorter than the concept. That almost never happens when you are talking about a concept car versus a production car that has to deal with the realities of legroom, trunk space, etc.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si buyers want the Concept front and rear bumpers Honda..

Were begging... PLEASE !!!!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well No worries, atleast I can get the concept type bumpers from the market. Or I have an idea how to make it. I'll get it made custom.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like some other guys said in other threads. That bumper is great for a concept car but it's overstyled and too boy-racer for a base production car. This is a mass produced car that has to appeal to a wide demographic. Once we saw the sedan design, we pretty much knew what the coupe's bumpers would look like. Not to mention the patent images that confirmed it.

Seeing the production coupe side by side like this I think it compares well to the concept and looks good on its own. It's probably as close as we reasonable could have expected it to be.
When you look on a side view the concept bumper really drops down and completes the car. While the production bumper doesn't look complete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's amazing is they managed to get it even tighter looking and shorter than the concept. That almost never happens when you are talking about a concept car versus a production car that has to deal with the realities of legroom, trunk space, etc.
Even sedan has better rear bumpers. But the point is when you look on sideways, the concept bumper is actually perfect and drops down in the line of body. The production bumper just goes furthur backwards and not down enough. Both for front and back. Have a look. Even the front look sucks with those fog venders (although nice in real world).
But imagine the concept bumper in real world. <3 perfect.
All the looks sucked up by the front fog and back bumper's extension towards backside and not downwards.
Honda Civic 10th gen A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept 3

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
Even sedan has better rear bumpers. But the point is when you look on sideways, the concept bumper is actually perfect and drops down in the line of body. The production bumper just goes furthur backwards and not down enough. Both for front and back. Have a look. Even the front look sucks with those fog venders (although nice in real world).
But imagine the concept bumper in real world. <3 perfect.
All the looks sucked up by the front fog and back bumper's extension towards backside and not downwards.
3.jpg
Not all of us want an aftermarket looking car. I prefer the cleaner look of the production coupe.

I would take that aegean blue coupe as is, minus the accessory wheels.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I do think the production coupe is absolutely beautiful. Wish the ex ext and exL came with those rims. I have no clue what honda was thinking when they put all the effort into making this car look awesome. But then fail on the rim choices. Oh well touring or buy some rims and that is solved. Does anyone know if you buy a touring is the deck lid spoiler removable to put a different spoiler on? That's my only concern with touring is I want a nicer spoiler.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
I'm willing to bet that the Concept--with few exceptions like the mirrors and wing--is wearing pre-production panels, not unique to the Concept itself. Even the grilles in the bumper covers look injection molded like a production piece. In typical Honda fashion, the only differences between the Concept and production are the bumper covers, rocker panels, exhaust outlet, mirrors, and wing. Everything else is identical. So I expect the Si (or Type-R) will have the Concept's bumper covers and rocker panels, just without the thin black trim at the bottom, and a slightly different exhaust outlet.
Sponsored