A look at how faithful 2016 Civic Coupe is to the Concept

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not all of us want an aftermarket looking car. I prefer the cleaner look of the production coupe.

I would take that aegean blue coupe as is, minus the accessory wheels.
Agree. Like others have said its about mass appeal... even some enthusiasts don't want bumpers that make the car look like an aftermarket ricer. The production car is clean, tidy and mature but still sporty and handsome.

I've also mentioned on here and other places. Cars like the civic are all about mpg and drag coefficient makes a big impact on that... maybe the concept bumpers weren't slick enough in the wind tunnel? Maybe it caused the mileage to drop 2 or 3 ticks. At worst it could even slow the car down in 0-60 performance!

Also another issue with bumpers that dont rise up just a bit from the wheels to the tip is curb height.... that low flat bottom bumper on the concept would be scraping every single curb you parked in front of. The production shape is more curb friendly.
Sponsored

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Seriously not trying to hijack thread but if I buy a touring am I stuck with the deck lid lip that is on it? Or can I put one of these awesome spoiler on it like the blue coupe spoiler?

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Seriously not trying to hijack thread but if I buy a touring am I stuck with the deck lid lip that is on it? Or can I put one of these awesome spoiler on it like the blue coupe spoiler?
Read through the Wing Spoiler thread in the Cosmetic Modification subforum. I think I remember reading something in there explaining why the Touring mode can't be fitted with the Wing Spoiler. Something to do with the audio system and rear trunk I think.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Read through the Wing Spoiler thread in the Cosmetic Modification subforum. I think I remember reading something in there explaining why the Touring mode can't be fitted with the Wing Spoiler. Something to do with the audio system and rear trunk I think.
Well maybe will be different for coupe keep doing the math on ext and buying rims and spoiler and the touring is within two k at that point. Ugh ha

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
The green in spy shot is fugly. Think IN real life it will look this good?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The green in spy shot is fugly. Think IN real life it will look this good?
Just judging the "corporate" photos that honda provided of the car on a white background compared to the real life shots people took at the events i can say it'll look better in person. The corporate shots wash it out, make it look dull and take away alot of the nice angles and emotion of the exterior. The shots people took of it under normal lighting from angles people would normally view the car from it looks so much nicer. All the lines and curves and angles show how sculpted the car is, and that blue does wonders as well.

Also IMO, honda ALWAYS seem to look better in person than in photos. Everytime i see an accord in person i think, "wow, that's actually a really nice looking car" but in photos i'm not really sold on the styling at all.

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
They really messed up with the bumpers. If they had the same bumpers as that of concept the car would have been a BOMB <3.
The concept looks bold and more powerful just because of the front and back bumpers.
As mentioned, this could be the route they will go with the Civic Si!

I do like the LED fog lights on the concept!

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Does anyone know if you buy a touring is the deck lid spoiler removable to put a different spoiler on? That's my only concern with touring is I want a nicer spoiler.
This was posted by another member talking about why the Touring can't be equipped with an accessory spoiler on the website. So sounds like you can do it, just not officially recommended by Honda.

Car has a subwoofer, so heavy duty trunk springs may not be able to span across the interior of the trunk without the sub getting in the way. Can you install the spoiler? Yes but that trunk is gonna collapse on you everytime.

it's like when Honda said no armrest for the MT Fit because it 'got in the way' but in reality, it was physically doable.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Call me nuts but I think the production coupe might look better from the side than the concept. With the production bumpers it actually has tighter looking overhangs and looks more compact overall.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Have a look at how closely the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe production version stays to the Concept model. The overall shape, styling and proportions remain very similar. The biggest differences are the bumpers, mirrors, wheels, exhaust, and rear spoiler.

And, we could possibly still see elements of these Concept-specific parts on the upcoming Si models.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
I would not be surprised if this was the upcoming Si coupe. Honda did an amazing job with the styling and stuck very close to it with the base models

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Call me nuts but I think the production coupe might look better from the side than the concept. With the production bumpers it actually has tighter looking overhangs and looks more compact overall.
The stance on the production coupe looks a little more sporty than the concept also

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Not all of us want an aftermarket looking car. I prefer the cleaner look of the production coupe.

I would take that aegean blue coupe as is, minus the accessory wheels.
Same, and if possible, I'd go with the ex turbo wheels or the touring wheels.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Would be nice if you could get the longer spoiler like on the concept.

So many people were worried after seeing the green spy shot, then relieved when the coupe was revealed, but we already had the patent drawings and it looks exactly like those.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
The concept spoiler should at least be an HFP accessory on both coupe and sedan

JF2KPNSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA CIVIC FD2
Country flag