A little scare with Lane Departure

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Cloudy, dry, daytime, good long distance visibility.

Besides, bad weather would have actually saved me, maybe... it "wouldn't have (mis)detected the markings"

The vehicle should be able to know it can see or if it can't see. It shouldn't ever wonder about what it's seeing and slam on the brakes just in case - that's just bad programming.
This makes me worry about all the other car companies that are dipping into this technology as well...and when mistakes happen they're going to cause a lot of trouble (and lives) for car companies and car owners.
Sponsored

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I turned LDW off as soon as I got my car. Between the non stop construction in Massachusetts, and the narrow back roads, its a pain in the butt to use it. When I drive through the back roads it's always going off warning me I am departing from my lane, when in fact I am not.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I turned LDW off as soon as I got my car. Between the non stop construction in Massachusetts, and the narrow back roads, its a pain in the butt to use it. When I drive through the back roads it's always going off warning me I am departing from my lane, when in fact I am not.
Oddly, I kinda hated the feature in the beginning and never used it the first two months of ownership; the last month or so it's been more useful. I live in a valley between two mountain ranges, with random winds at times. Quite useful to nudge you back into your lane then.

But on two-lane back roads, too many false positives, I agree.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly, I kinda hated the feature in the beginning and never used it the first two months of ownership; the last month or so it's been more useful. I live in a valley between two mountain ranges, with random winds at times. Quite useful to nudge you back into your lane then.

But on two-lane back roads, too many false positives, I agree.
Since I have to drive the back road every day to get to the highway for my commute, it would drive me nuts to have to turn it on and off, so I just leave it off. I found the adaptive cruise to be a PIA too, clearly they don't know how Massachusetts people drive LOL People cutting me off, car slams on the brakes, guy behind me nearly rearends me, it was a nightmare

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I have to drive the back road every day to get to the highway for my commute, it would drive me nuts to have to turn it on and off, so I just leave it off. I found the adaptive cruise to be a PIA too, clearly they don't know how Massachusetts people drive LOL People cutting me off, car slams on the brakes, guy behind me nearly rearends me, it was a nightmare
Same. ACC is fine on an empty-ish highway, but loaded up with all of the high-strung people driving with 1/2 a car length between them at 75+ MPH...people get pissed. I had someone flip me off before because ACC is so brake heavy.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same. ACC is fine on an empty-ish highway, but loaded up with all of the high-strung people driving with 1/2 a car length between them at 75+ MPH...people get pissed. I had someone flip me off before because ACC is so brake heavy.
Yeah scared the he'll out of me the first time it happened. When I got home first thing I did was figure out how to shut it off. It comes in handy for low speed cruise control in stop and go traffic, but other than that, no way
Sponsored