A little Confused...

eneg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w NAV
Country flag
Okay, I received the letter from Honda the other day regarding the extra year for some engine parts.
But, I thought that there was some kind of update that had to be done to the car (software, oil change, AC, etc.)
The letter doesn't say anything about that. Is that coming in the future, or is the letter now good enough?

Confused in Florida
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The actual updates are only for certain cold weather states as far as I know but everyone with a 1.5T gets the warranty extension.

Have I un-confused you?

OP
OP

eneg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w NAV
Country flag
The actual updates are only for certain cold weather states as far as I know but everyone with a 1.5T gets the warranty extension.

Have I un-confused you?
GTman,

Not really!
If they're only gonna update cars in cold states, then why give us southerners and other warmer climate states
the extra warrantee? Suppose I go back to NY. What then?

mc21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Okay, I received the letter from Honda the other day regarding the extra year for some engine parts.
But, I thought that there was some kind of update that had to be done to the car (software, oil change, AC, etc.)
The letter doesn't say anything about that. Is that coming in the future, or is the letter now good enough?

Confused in Florida
I got a software update in Canada this winter but as mentioned above it's only for cold weather states in the U.S I believe all of Canada got it though.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GTman,

Not really!
If they're only gonna update cars in cold states, then why give us southerners and other warmer climate states
the extra warrantee? Suppose I go back to NY. What then?
Your not the only one. I live in a state where it gets as low as 10° outside, right next to state that Honda has issued the update in, yet my state isn't listed as a cold state. WTF?? Ten degrees is cold.
Sponsored