saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Wow, and I’ve only been using a microfiber towel and warm water for the last 20+ years on various vehicles in our fleet with no issues.
Yeah I was doing that at first than I started to use leather wipes I should have stuck with the damp cloth
Sponsored

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The damage I did to the wheel isn’t as bad as I thought it’s scuffed has anyone used any leather/ vinyl repair product? If so can you use it on the steering wheel I’m skeptical on these quick repair products

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So, I had this stain/scuff/discoloration area on my steering wheel. Lexol didn't do much to that area (works great on good condition leather). Anyway, some guy on a car forum said he used something called Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam on his steering wheel scuff and it helped. I bought some and it actually did the trick on mine too. No guarantee it will totally fix yours but it might help.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Martens-Wonder-Balsam-Accessory/dp/B07PBW61P8

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, I had this stain/scuff/discoloration area on my steering wheel. Lexol didn't do much to that area (works great on good condition leather). Anyway, some guy on a car forum said he used something called Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam on his steering wheel scuff and it helped. I bought some and it actually did the trick on mine too. No guarantee it will totally fix yours but it might help.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Martens-Wonder-Balsam-Accessory/dp/B07PBW61P8
Thanks I’ll give it a try

JustBob

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Been using this product for a few years on everything leather from jackets, messenger bags, wallet, and obviously in the car (leather seats, steering wheel, trims, etc).

Honda Civic 10th gen A good cleaner/protector for leather wrapped wheel autogeek_2268_260947383

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
These steering wheels are cheap ass leather. You have to be so gentle to not damage them. I personally would recommend only cleaning the surfaces with all purpose cleaner and a brush. Wipe with microfiber and be done with it. I would not recommend any dressings on anything that you touch regularly (steering wheel, shifter, all weather mats, etc...) because it is unsafe.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
My steering wheel is getting replaced under warranty by Honda as the left side is flaking now

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
The damage I did to the wheel isn’t as bad as I thought it’s scuffed has anyone used any leather/ vinyl repair product? If so can you use it on the steering wheel I’m skeptical on these quick repair products
just buy my leather steering Wheel , itll
Be cheaper and easier ! ?
Sponsored