Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think KTuner has made it clear at least to my understanding. These are base maps. They run well for the majority. If you're having issues with your individual setup, consider having a pro tuner dial it in for your specific car, mods and concerns.
Sponsored

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
I think KTuner has made it clear at least to my understanding. These are base maps. They run well for the majority. If you're having issues with your individual setup, consider having a pro tuner dial it in for your specific car, mods and concerns.
İ dont have any knock control problem when i dont change anything with base maps. So there is no problem with that. By the way you and ktuner always tell us to get help from a pro tuner. We are aware of that but what you ignore is that I live in Turkey and there aren’t any pro tuners who has experience with ktuner especially in my area so we seek help for our problems in this forum. İ also have only initial support for my ecu so there is not much to change

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
İ dont have any knock control problem when i dont change anything with base maps. So there is no problem with that.
Then why change things? :cool:

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To correct afr or make perfect fuel trims just like everybody else
Actually, I'd say 95% of Ktuner base map users don't touch anything beyond the quick adjustments.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Actually, I'd say 95% of Ktuner base map users don't touch anything beyond the quick adjustments.
There are some users trying to make adjustments on MAF scaling to get ideal fuel trim without changing anything else from the off the shelf map. Fuel trim in Asia ECU, at least in my case, is scaled at rich side by Honda.

@KTuner: @kadireren brings out a good point. What is the relation between MAF scaling and engine load with ignition timing? Adjusting MAF scale in other platform did not lead to knock control elevation at low RPM. HOWEVER, the other platform ignition limit approach is not based on engine load but air charge (AIRC).

Would you please advise if MAF scaling would affect ignition timing across engine load?

There is also no gun to anyone's head forcing them to use the artificial knock disable. Turn it back on if you're concerned.
Just to make myself clear, this happens regardless artificial knock increase feature is disabled or activated. In fact, this happens even before artificial knock increase feature was introduced for Non-SI Civic 1.5T to be precise.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@KTuner : Thank you for adding OBDII Misfire Monitor disable/enable for 5AG-P83 ECU in the 1.0.10.2 update. Hopefully important tuning features like this continuously be added for 5AG-P83 ECU. I'll observe and provide feedback.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@KTuner : Thank you for giving partial support ECU access to CVT temperature reading. It would be great if KTuner would open access for 5AG-P83 ECU to following tables: WOT CAM Command, Ignition Maximum Table, and Direct Injection Fuel Pressure Targets. The non-SI 4 bar support is nice to have, too.

I personally can live without on the fly map switching if partial support ecu could get the same engine tuning capability as the full support ones.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@KTuner : Thank you for giving partial support ECU access to CVT temperature reading. It would be great if KTuner would open access for 5AG-P83 ECU to following tables: WOT CAM Command, Ignition Maximum Table, and Direct Injection Fuel Pressure Targets. The non-SI 4 bar support is nice to have, too.

I personally can live without on the fly map switching if partial support ecu could get the same engine tuning capability as the full support ones.
That's a whole bunch of requests haha. when it comes it comes, pls be patient.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a whole bunch of requests haha. when it comes it comes, pls be patient.
I can understand the challenge in getting on the fly map switch feature, Advance VSA, and 4 bar map support to all ECU knowing each ECU some what has its own uniqueness.

I'm glad if I can get ignition maximum tables and direct injection fuel pressure target because these 2 features would be useful for me and might help me to solve partial throttle knock control increase.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I can understand the challenge in getting on the fly map switch feature, Advance VSA, and 4 bar map support to all ECU knowing each ECU some what has its own uniqueness.

I'm glad if I can get ignition maximum tables and direct injection fuel pressure target because these 2 features would be useful for me and might help me to solve partial throttle knock control increase.
i can tell you honestly they won't.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i can tell you honestly they won't.
Well... I wish I don't need to switched back to the other platform. Never had partial knock control increased with the other platform before. No partial knock control increased either with stock tune. Have tried reducing ignition base by 2 points but partial knock control increase still appears.

Strangely it only happens when I was not in boost usually within 1500-2000 RPM.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Arnoldo, afaik, those features aren't available even on ECU's with full support. It's possible JR isn't comfortable opening them up to non-pro users.

The other device might have those open but maybe user error has contributed to some failures.

Remember, these things are marketed to the masses. A good portion of those owners don't have a clue about tuning.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also not to be a pessimist but JR and company may be very busy testing and developing for the 11th gen already. Adding features to partial support 10th gen ECUs might well be a back-burner task right now.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Arnoldo, afaik, those features aren't available even on ECU's with full support. It's possible JR isn't comfortable opening them up to non-pro users.

The other device might have those open but maybe user error has contributed to some failures.

Remember, these things are marketed to the masses. A good portion of those owners don't have a clue about tuning.
some does some don't but i say again they have no effect on his issue.
yes, sometimes knowing less is better & it is very ez to damage the engine.
Sponsored