arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Nothing was changed related to that, but I'm glad your environmental factors are favorable currently.
That's weird because my environmental factor is worst than when I tested last year. I did my test during raining season last year, when humidity was better than summer. Temperature in summer around 35 celcius during the day, which is the same as raining season, but humidity is far worst than raining season.

I flashed beta version because I had issue hitting boost target consistently with stable calibration and KTuner suggested beta calibration could give a more consistent result so I just gave it a shot. I was surprised finding partial throttle knock control raise now consistent between beta and the stable calibration when MAF is scaled, which is .54 max.

I didn't change my fuel and still buying fuel from the same station as last year. Fuel is definitely not a factor anyway because the same fuel would give different partial throttle knock control raise result just by switching between beta and stable calibration before the update.

So... no change with anything environmental related, the same calibration and MAF scale, no parts change, same oil brand and viscosity, & no gas station change. It's just weird if there is no change at all in firmware but the actual result is much different than before software update.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
That's weird because my environmental factor is worst than when I tested last year. I did my test during raining season last year, when humidity was better than summer. Temperature in summer around 35 celcius during the day, which is the same as raining season, but humidity is far worst than raining season.

I flashed beta version because I had issue hitting boost target consistently with stable calibration and KTuner suggested beta calibration could give a more consistent result so I just gave it a shot. I was surprised finding partial throttle knock control raise now consistent between beta and the stable calibration when MAF is scaled, which is .54 max.

I didn't change my fuel and still buying fuel from the same station as last year. Fuel is definitely not a factor anyway because the same fuel would give different partial throttle knock control raise result just by switching between beta and stable calibration before the update.

So... no change with anything environmental related, the same calibration and MAF scale, no parts change, same oil brand and viscosity, & no gas station change. It's just weird if there is no change at all in firmware but the actual result is much different than before software update.
don't worry.. In a few days you will see that nothing has changed. I have already given up. But one thing is certain that initial version is much more stable than beta version such as knock control and fuel trims.
By the way, a friend of mine bought a Hondata just because of this reason. He has been using it for a week and same problem exists with hondata, too.(with base maps) So maybe unless we use very high octane or some ethanol, we had to live with it.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
don't worry.. In a few days you will see that nothing has changed. I have already given up. But one thing is certain that initial version is much more stable than beta version such as knock control and fuel trims.
I don't know man... Highest partial knock control still .54 & it's been almost 2 weeks with no reflashes.

The initial release indeed more stable but the beta comes with some adjustments that is not available in stable/initial release.

I switched back to beta mainly because KTuner suggested me to use beta releaseas beta release had bigger chance for the turbo to hit boost target more consistently because I had issue hitting boost target consistently. I'm on custom turbo though. Never had this issue when I was using stock turbo & CR-V turbo.

I'll switch back to initial release & I'll try to do further fine tune. Maybe I can hit boost target as consistent as the beta calibration after the fine tune.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
I don't know man... Highest partial knock control still .54 & it's been almost 2 weeks with no reflashes.

The initial release indeed more stable but the beta comes with some adjustments that is not available in stable/initial release.

I switched back to beta mainly because KTuner suggested me to use beta releaseas beta release had bigger chance for the turbo to hit boost target more consistently because I had issue hitting boost target consistently. I'm on custom turbo though. Never had this issue when I was using stock turbo & CR-V turbo.

I'll switch back to initial release & I'll try to do further fine tune. Maybe I can hit boost target as consistent as the beta calibration after the fine tune.
Yes, beta has more options which I liked such as on the fly map switching and throttle sensitivity but i gave up all of them for the sake of stable knock control and stable fuel trims.
The insteresting thing is in my case beta has problems hitting boost targets consistently. For example ı slowly increase boost and decraease again in the main boost table but it chooses which boost it will hit according to its own mind not mine😀 it hits higher boost where i decrease and hits lower where i increase not following the boost table. I made a few changes in the final boost table to hit higher boosts like telling it to hit 24 psi when i want 22 psi.
Hondata is doing much better Job while setting the boost targets. İt hits exactly as I have set.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Yes, beta has more options which I liked such as on the fly map switching and throttle sensitivity but i gave up all of them for the sake of stable knock control and stable fuel trims.
The insteresting thing is in my case beta has problems hitting boost targets consistently. For example ı slowly increase boost and decraease again in the main boost table but it chooses which boost it will hit according to its own mind not mine😀 it hits higher boost where i decrease and hits lower where i increase not following the boost table. I made a few changes in the final boost table to hit higher boosts like telling it to hit 24 psi when i want 22 psi.
Hondata is doing much better Job while setting the boost targets. İt hits exactly as I have set.
I don't even have on the fly map switching in my beta. :D

The difference between initial and beta version in my case are: access to Knock sensitivity adjustments, access to Boost By Gear, Ethanol/Flex Fuel tuning, Low Rev Limit setting access, & Basic 2-Step setting access. The Beta version missing ECO throttle responsiveness setting that the initial calibration supports.

I think users experience with KTuner across different ECU type of this 10th gen varies. Users with full support obviously enjoy the benefit. I give up hope of my ECU getting full support.