A/C whistle sound from the back of the dash board

shenal1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Hi guys,

Just got a civic lx , I'm getting this human whistle sound whenever the a/c is on. usually during when its hot outside. At first i thought it was brakes cause it sounded like it. but then I noticed its when ever the a/c is on. Not consistent at all just random or may be when the compressor turns on. Can hear clearly in the cabin back of the dashboard area or may be engine compartment cant really say. sorry i tried to explain as much as i could. appreciate the input or any similar problems
Sponsored

OP
OP

shenal1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Yeah ,it was bad a/c expansion valve, they said it might be some debris stuck in there or just a factory defect. It took them a week to return the car from the repair ,they had to take alot of parts to get to it. If u do get that problem u will notice sometimes the whistles there even if the car is at a stop light. But all is well everything was covered by the warranty.

Last edited:

eljorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
Did the wistle sound louder when you throttle on the gas? Mine does a kind of flutter that gets louder when i step on the gas.

Vishnuns

First Name
lolacare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
benz
I have the same sound in little more high pitch in my honda civic turbo.
More like a resonating sound. The sound is greatly audible and you can't avoid that sound once you detect the sound. Second gear tightness during cold, oil dilution and then this issue and the dealership experiences, feeling scared purchasing Honda. Still hoping for the best. Will update further details here.

Sponsored