CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
I'm just curious. How many people from Europe had problems with the A/C system in their cars. I hope it fails as fast as in the american cars so it will be covered within warranty period in Europe too.
Please report if you have or had problems with the performcance of the A/C system. Strange whistling or other noises don't count.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problems so far here in Belgium.
If they handle it like they handle the oil dilution in europe then they don't do anything about it.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No problems so far here in Belgium.
If they handle it like they handle the oil dilution in europe then they don't do anything about it.
Exactly, it’s sad. And since the cars are considerably more expensive here, I would expect a bit more “professionalism” and fairness.

But to be fair, I had no problem with oil dilution in my civic (L15BA engine). However i could smell some gasoline in the oil (it wasnt that bad) so out of curiosity I checked my friend’s Focus 1.5 EcoBoost and it smelled exactly the same to me, and we had about the same km in the engine oil after replace. I’m not sure if the oil dilution is the same for L15BA/L15BB and L15B7 engines.
But if there is a problem with the oil dilution then at least we would know it immediately, however with this stupid A/C... it takes some time to appear. That’s why I wanted to know. Another strange thing is the whistling sound of the A/C. Thats not a big problem, but now I know that something in the A/C system must be replaced then it will be OK. It’s caused by some kind of resonance. But the day I wanted to show it to my mechanic (Honda dealer) it magically stopped producing the sound. I was sooooo angry. But now it’s gone. However my assumption is that it’s gone because the pressure in the A/C system dropped and it doesn’t cause the sound anymore. The A/C is still working properly but I think it will fail and I hope it will fail soon, so Honda has to fix it.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Honda UK denied the existance of oil dilution when I contacted them about it and even went on to say they have not heard of any cases in Europe. As for the AC I not holding my breath and they will end up saying its just effects the States and Canada which is strange as the hatchbacks are made in Swindon for both markets and they are effected, Honda UK will try that one. Most manufacturers are the same they want your cash but not your complaints if it means them paying up for repairs that are due to poor manufacturing or design. Not sure which manufacturer I will be taking my next load of cash too when it comes time to replace my civic, Honda have alot of progress in looking after their customers in the UK before I buy another from them, the ball is in their court to improve not loyal customers to keep blindly paying up whilst customer care and quality go down.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda UK denied the existance of oil dilution when I contacted them about it and even went on to say they have not heard of any cases in Europe. As for the AC I not holding my breath and they will end up saying its just effects the States and Canada which is strange as the hatchbacks are made in Swindon for both markets and they are effected, Honda UK will try that one. Most manufacturers are the same they want your cash but not your complaints if it means them paying up for repairs that are due to poor manufacturing or design. Not sure which manufacturer I will be taking my next load of cash too when it comes time to replace my civic, Honda have alot of progress in looking after their customers in the UK before I buy another from them, the ball is in their court to improve not loyal customers to keep blindly paying up whilst customer care and quality go down.
I was told the same in Germany when I asked them about the dilution. Like I wrote I had no problem with dilution, not even in the winter. Did you experience oil dilution in your car?

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not had any noticeable dilution in mine but the level did rise slightly this winter. I make sure the oil is changed in mine every 4500 miles but that's still no excuse for Honda to deny the existence of the issue when they know full and well about it. As I said Honda have forced me to think long and hard as to whether my next purchase will be from them or one of their competitors's, life will be hard for manufacturer's post the covid19 lock-down and if I was in Honda management every sale would count and every customer would matter. It's up to them to either see me as a valued customer or not and its down to them to make amends and ensure I keep buying from them. The ball is in your court Honda UK!!!!!!

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not had any noticeable dilution in mine but the level did rise slightly this winter. I make sure the oil is changed in mine every 4500 miles but that's still no excuse for Honda to deny the existence of the issue when they know full and well about it. As I said Honda have forced me to think long and hard as to whether my next purchase will be from them or one of their competitors's, life will be hard for manufacturer's post the covid19 lock-down and if I was in Honda management every sale would count and every customer would matter. It's up to them to either see me as a valued customer or not and its down to them to make amends and ensure I keep buying from them. The ball is in your court Honda UK!!!!!!
I just hope they will improve the overall quality of the civic with the 11th generation. To be honest if the engine-suspension-transmission trinity wouldn’t be good (which I truly think is good, and I enjoy driving it very much) I wouldn’t like my car at all. Did you know for example that water can reach the rear door’s lower speakers? I replaced them today (they worked but the sound was “not good”), and I found dirt and traces of dried mud and water on the factory speakers and on the speaker connectors (dirt inside the connector). I mean... the door is not 100% sealed on any car, but this? Seriously? There isn’t even a piece of plastic that could diverts the water from the speaker. It flows down alog the rails of the window and if you are drivin/turning the water falls on the speakers back and connector. Not much but still.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wasn't aware of that, poor quality I would expect that sort of thing from a fiat made in the 80's not a Honda

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A friend of mine who owns a civic 1.5T 2018 has issues with his a/c. No cold air on passenger side, mildly cold air on driver's side. Its definitely an issue. He also had issues with moisture inside the tail lights, the driver seat wouldnt go up or down to adjust height and was replaced and the driver side mirror would fold up completely. I feel kind of bad cause I am the one who pushed him to buy the civic. Wasnt expecting issues like this, especially the a/c.

Dealership hasnt come back to him yet on the issue, we wait and see. The CRV has had none of these issues so far BUT it did made a whirling noise when in reverse. Dealership took out the tranny and realized that some kind of bolt wasnt tight enough for reverse gear. They did not have to open up the transmission assembly. The whole transmission is identical to that of the non-Si and I ve read that a few civics had the same issue. Disturbing to say the least.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A friend of mine who owns a civic 1.5T 2018 has issues with his a/c. No cold air on passenger side, mildly cold air on driver's side. Its definitely an issue. He also had issues with moisture inside the tail lights, the driver seat wouldnt go up or down to adjust height and was replaced and the driver side mirror would fold up completely. I feel kind of bad cause I am the one who pushed him to buy the civic. Wasnt expecting issues like this, especially the a/c.

Dealership hasnt come back to him yet on the issue, we wait and see. The CRV has had none of these issues so far BUT it did made a whirling noise when in reverse. Dealership took out the tranny and realized that some kind of bolt wasnt tight enough for reverse gear. They did not have to open up the transmission assembly. The whole transmission is identical to that of the non-Si and I ve read that a few civics had the same issue. Disturbing to say the least.
I have the same problem with height adjustment. I think I will tell that to my dealer. And also the tail light has some moisture in it, but that’s actually not that bad in my case. I also have problems by refueling sometimes. The fueling just stops randomly, sometimes I can barely refuel the car, or just very slowly.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not great quality from Honda, we all know its a massed produced product but some of these issues are not of a minor inconvenience they are serious quality issues HUK will again deny they exist and won't do sod all about them!!!

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Just so you know, there is a service bulletin for the A/C whistling and dealerships will replace a tube somewhere along the coolant path to stop resonation. I have an appointment to replace mine at 23/6 so I will try to find the service bulletin number for the community's reference.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just so you know, there is a service bulletin for the A/C whistling and dealerships will replace a tube somewhere along the coolant path to stop resonation. I have an appointment to replace mine at 23/6 so I will try to find the service bulletin number for the community's reference.
Thanks in advance!

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Prestige CVT
Country flag
I just bought my 2018 1.5L Civic Prestige last week, after doing research into honda as a brand. The A/C went just after I completed the sale and after I test drive the car, where no issues came up. I drove straight back to dealership and tehy fixed the problem of the noise by pumping fresh gas in and said tehy will replace the A/C free of charge if any noise or issues still come up. I have a massive problem with a rattling sound on either drive's dash or side speaker. Going back to the dealership next week. Will ask about the oil dilution problem, I thought it only affected US/Canada/China and not Europe.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any news on this?
Sponsored