CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
The issues i have is when im refueling gas and go for a full tank it always seems to pour out gasoline from fuelcap like there is pressure in the tank.
The front parking sensors dont like rain (moisture) and beeps constant when its wet outside.
Also have the rattling sound on startup and idle.
Other then that no major issues, always had it serviced at a honda dealership and last service the rear brakepads were swapped out beacuse they were completely worn out.
"refueling gas": There is pressure in the tank! Refuel only until the first click and NO more. YOu can damage the EVAP system. But tehre is no fuel pouring out. What happens is there is some leftover in the filler nozzle (what you stick in), and the positive pressure in the tank (because of the EVAP system) sprays that out onto your hand for example. But it works better if you refuel only til you hear the 1st click and then you wait 5 seconds, the pull it out.
"The front parking sensors dont like rain": Must be replaced under warranty, they are faulty. Mine were replaced, now tey are perfect.
"worn out rear": strange...
Sponsored

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Prestige CVT
Country flag
I have dealed with the dealership in Belgium about the oil dilution problems before.Long story short honda Europe isn't going to recognise the oil dilution problem.
I even have a print screen from a reply from Honda Europe to my Dealership where they say that.
Got this true a mechanic that i know that works there.
It's all posted in the "oil dilution in europe " topic.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oil-dilution-fix-in-europe.44291/
I suspect its probably the fault of the person who did the oil change, they might have overfilled it.
Do we know how widespread the oil dilution problem might be in Europe/UK? I love the car but would it be a good idea for me to just hand it back within my returns period? I am new to Honda, and my last car was a 2003 Nissan Micra so I don't know how many issues to expect from 2018 cars.

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The issues i have is when im refueling gas and go for a full tank it always seems to pour out gasoline from fuelcap like there is pressure in the tank.
The front parking sensors dont like rain (moisture) and beeps constant when its wet outside.
Also have the rattling sound on startup and idle.
Other then that no major issues, always had it serviced at a honda dealership and last service the rear brakepads were swapped out because they were completely worn out.
The parking sensor sounds wrong to me. Could need replacing.
For me the rattling is only when I drive, and its coming from either my door or the door speaker.
But my issues include wind noise while driving from my door/ window.
Wiper sensors being really sensitive at time and others taking a while to wipe. They don't wipe if there is rain on the car when I start the engine.
some window seals are pealing on the outside

For teh centre console how many cup holders do you guys have, I for some reason just have one? I thought there was meant to be 3?

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, never. And I don't even want to until I don't see extreme increase in oil level, but I check the level every 2 weeks. It smells like gasoline. That's why I made the same "experiment" with my friend's 1.5 Ecoboost Focus and the oil smelled exactly the same after about the same kms after oil change... so, I don't know. I think smelling it just doesn't mean enything. But the oil in my 8th Gen Civic with 1.8 N/A engine smell also like gasoline after 6-7t kms to be honest.
That's really interesting I haven't smelled anything so far from under the hood. I drive not many miles a year only 7,000 miles/ 12,000km a year so its why im worried that I could have oil dilution problem.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
As far as I know the L15BA (for EU hatch) and L15BB (for EU sedan) are manufactured in Swindon.
Well, all hatchbacks are assembled in Swindon, but not necessarily their engines. Mine is from Thailand.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's really interesting I haven't smelled anything so far from under the hood. I drive not many miles a year only 7,000 miles/ 12,000km a year so its why im worried that I could have oil dilution problem.
No, not in the engine room, but the oil on the dipstick smells like gasoline.

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I suspect its probably the fault of the person who did the oil change, they might have overfilled it.
Do we know how widespread the oil dilution problem might be in Europe/UK? I love the car but would it be a good idea for me to just hand it back within my returns period? I am new to Honda, and my last car was a 2003 Nissan Micra so I don't know how many issues to expect from 2018 cars.
There is no overfilling ,its the oil dilution problem.
If they overfilled the engine then i would have a oil level light right away.And i checked the oil level it was always fine .
This happend after months after the oil was changed.Most of the time after Around 12000km after the oil change the level got so high above max. it triggered the oil warning light.

I have checked the oil level numerous times and it raises and raises untill the oil check light comes on .I went back to the dealer and they confirmed that the oil level was wayy above max.
The oil dilution is a real thing also in europe .If you looked in the link of the thread i posted you would see there are several persons from different countries that have the same problem.

Besides this problem and a few other things i love the car .It drives like a dream and it has everything i want it to have. I always driven honda and i must say my previous Civic from 1998 was build better then the cars from these days.But that with all new cars these days ,with every brand not only honda.

BTW fuel spitting out of the gas tank when refuelling is normal .There's pressure build up when the gas tank gets empty.I also have that and it only some drops of fuel with a lot of air coming out.
It's not like there's actual fuel coming out of the gas tank.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The parking sensor sounds wrong to me. Could need replacing.
For me the rattling is only when I drive, and its coming from either my door or the door speaker.
But my issues include wind noise while driving from my door/ window.
Wiper sensors being really sensitive at time and others taking a while to wipe. They don't wipe if there is rain on the car when I start the engine.
some window seals are pealing on the outside

For teh centre console how many cup holders do you guys have, I for some reason just have one? I thought there was meant to be 3?
You mean this one? (Sorry, its dirty)
Honda Civic 10th gen A/C System Fail in European Cars A5F127DB-C968-464D-8D20-327E702707DE

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You mean this one? (Sorry, its dirty)
A5F127DB-C968-464D-8D20-327E702707DE.jpeg
Yes! I mean those cup holders, I have the prestige trim and don't have those I just have the 1 cup holder that came built in, did you pay for this seperately?

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is no overfilling ,its the oil dilution problem.
If they overfilled the engine then i would have a oil level light right away.And i checked the oil level it was always fine .
This happend after months after the oil was changed.Most of the time after Around 12000km after the oil change the level got so high above max. it triggered the oil warning light.

I have checked the oil level numerous times and it raises and raises untill the oil check light comes on .I went back to the dealer and they confirmed that the oil level was wayy above max.
The oil dilution is a real thing also in europe .If you looked in the link of the thread i posted you would see there are several persons from different countries that have the same problem.

Besides this problem and a few other things i love the car .It drives like a dream and it has everything i want it to have. I always driven honda and i must say my previous Civic from 1998 was build better then the cars from these days.But that with all new cars these days ,with every brand not only honda.

BTW fuel spitting out of the gas tank when refuelling is normal .There's pressure build up when the gas tank gets empty.I also have that and it only some drops of fuel with a lot of air coming out.
It's not like there's actual fuel coming out of the gas tank.
Thank you for letting me know about that, I have an appointment next Thursday with the garage. its a 2 year old car that I bought used with only 25,000km on the clock so there should be no issues but here are the 7 issues that bother me mainly, if they get sorted I will be a happy driver:
I still have the right to ask for money back, but for some reason I just still love this car despite the issues I don't know why!
Here is a bit of what I am sending to the dealership.
  1. Rattling noise from driver's side - whenever I would drive the vehicle, regardless of how low or high the speed there is a very annoying rattling sound. I have located the sound to be coming from either the driver’s side of the dash, the speaker or the driver’s door. We have not noticed it before as we played music before and were talking in the car, however when I drive to work and concentrate o the road and the driving it can be clearly heard and it's getting progressively louder.
  2. Wind noise from driver’s side - I have noticed that there is a large amount of wind noise as if there is a gap in the door. This noise sounds like the wind is getting into the car from the outside, and is only on the driver’s side.
  3. Engine Oil level too high - I checked my engine oil and I have noticed that the engine oil level in the car is way above normal which is strange because the car was serviced last Friday. What I am concerned most about is that there if there is oil dilution in the engine caused by petrol leaking into the oil sump from the fuel pump injector in the engine cylinder, as I have heard this is a common issue in 1.5L Turbo civics in the US and China and I am concerned whether this massive issue could also be affecting my car as well, as the first major sign of oil dilution in petrol engines, is an increase in oil level. Can you please also let me know whether UK Honda 1.5L Civics or CR-Vs have been affected by the oil dilution problem that are found in the USA/Canada/ China market?
  4. Tyre repair kit compartment cover wobbly - In the boot the tyre repair compartment is flapping about and is not closing properly. On proper inspection I have noticed that the cover fabric and locking mechanism of the compartment is peeling off and is not fitting onto the compartment hooks.
  5. Wiper sensors - I have noticed that the wiper sensors are usually good at detecting rain and clearing the windscreen, however even on the least sensitive setting when there is no more rain and the wipers are set on Auto, the wipers for good few minutes keep wiping and scraping the window thinking there is still rain outside, causing more wear on the wiper blades. I then have to manually cancel the wiper blades from working. At other times when the wipers are set on auto they do not wipe the car when its turned on in the morning and there is rain on windscreen, or they are very slow to start with when it is raining. It seems like there is no concrete pattern to how they work.
  6. The seals on windows at the back of the car on the passenger side is peeling off meaning that rain is getting into the car, we have pictures of this. It doesn’t seem like the rain is getting through the hole that's peeled off yet, but in winter due to the freeze-thaw weathering the gap will get bigger, the seals will peel off more and the water inside could begin to cause the corrosion on the paint. It seems they just need re-sticking to make sure they don’t peel off but it would be best if you guys did it with a proper sealant/glue so no rain is getting inside.
  7. Key fob - when we picked up the car the key fob battery was low, and you guys did replace the battery on the fob, but now again the battery on the fob is saying is low, is there any chance you could replace the battery agin for me and perhaps have a look why this particular fob is saying low battery?

Damo11

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, not in the engine room, but the oil on the dipstick smells like gasoline.
I will email Honda about the issue here is basically what I have found already in the 5 days I have this car, don't want to give it back, but these need sorting out:
  1. Rattling noise from driver's side - whenever I would drive the vehicle, regardless of how low or high the speed there is a very annoying rattling sound. I have located the sound to be coming from either the driver’s side of the dash, the speaker or the driver’s door. We have not noticed it before as we played music before and were talking in the car, however when I drive to work and concentrate o the road and the driving it can be clearly heard and it's getting progressively louder.
  2. Wind noise from driver’s side - I have noticed that there is a large amount of wind noise as if there is a gap in the door. This noise sounds like the wind is getting into the car from the outside, and is only on the driver’s side.
  3. Engine Oil level too high - I checked my engine oil and I have noticed that the engine oil level in the car is way above normal which is strange because the car was serviced last Friday. What I am concerned most about is that there if there is oil dilution in the engine caused by petrol leaking into the oil sump from the fuel pump injector in the engine cylinder, as I have heard this is a common issue in 1.5L Turbo civics in the US and China and I am concerned whether this massive issue could also be affecting my car as well, as the first major sign of oil dilution in petrol engines, is an increase in oil level. Can you please also let me know whether UK Honda 1.5L Civics or CR-Vs have been affected by the oil dilution problem that are found in the USA/Canada/ China market?
  4. Tyre repair kit compartment cover wobbly - In the boot the tyre repair compartment is flapping about and is not closing properly. On proper inspection I have noticed that the cover fabric and locking mechanism of the compartment is peeling off and is not fitting onto the compartment hooks.
  5. Wiper sensors - I have noticed that the wiper sensors are usually good at detecting rain and clearing the windscreen, however even on the least sensitive setting when there is no more rain and the wipers are set on Auto, the wipers for good few minutes keep wiping and scraping the window thinking there is still rain outside, causing more wear on the wiper blades. I then have to manually cancel the wiper blades from working. At other times when the wipers are set on auto they do not wipe the car when its turned on in the morning and there is rain on windscreen, or they are very slow to start with when it is raining. It seems like there is no concrete pattern to how they work.
  6. The seals on windows at the back of the car on the passenger side is peeling off meaning that rain is getting into the car, we have pictures of this. It doesn’t seem like the rain is getting through the hole that's peeled off yet, but in winter due to the freeze-thaw weathering the gap will get bigger, the seals will peel off more and the water inside could begin to cause the corrosion on the paint. It seems they just need re-sticking to make sure they don’t peel off but it would be best if you guys did it with a proper sealant/glue so no rain is getting inside.
  7. Key fob - when we picked up the car the key fob battery was low, and you guys did replace the battery on the fob, but now again the battery on the fob is saying is low, is there any chance you could replace the battery agin for me and perhaps have a look why this particular fob is saying low battery?

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes! I mean those cup holders, I have the prestige trim and don't have those I just have the 1 cup holder that came built in, did you pay for this seperately?
No, i did not. It came with the car.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, all hatchbacks are assembled in Swindon, but not necessarily their engines. Mine is from Thailand.
Do you know where can I check it?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Do you know where can I check it?
I know it from the US government mandated label that's on all new cars. It tells you things like government gas mileage, price, features, and the countries of origin of the parts.
Mine has the engine from Thailand and the transmission manufactured in Japan. You can see engine type and serial number under the rubber intake hose, but I'm not sure how to figure where it was made from the number.

All 2.0T's for civics and Accords are made in Anna, Ohio, as far as I know.

Honda Civic 10th gen A/C System Fail in European Cars E1E04228-AF28-4A91-A40F-B13B3657D00D

LiviuP

First Name
Liviu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Plus, 1.5T, MT, Lunar Silver Metallic
Country flag
I had the usual whistling noise with the A/C on and a nasty rattle in the dashboard. The cooling gas pressure was lower than normal. They have changed the faulty pipe and the A/C compressor on the warranty. No problem since then.
Sponsored