A/C smell

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last night i had a bad surprise. I turned on the A/C again after I didn't use it for a week and the cabin was filled with a very strong smell. I have had this problem forever with previous cars and i really hated it, on the Malibu I used to change the cabin filter and spray a AC cleaner every 3-6 months, when the smell was back.
Anybody else had the same issue? It's too early. i only drove with A/C on for 1000-1500 km!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Last night i had a bad surprise. I turned on the A/C again after I didn't use it for a week and the cabin was filled with a very strong smell. I have had this problem forever with previous cars and i really hated it, on the Malibu I used to change the cabin filter and spray a AC cleaner every 3-6 months, when the smell was back.
Anybody else had the same issue? It's too early. i only drove with A/C on for 1000-1500 km!!!!!!!
How's the air quality in Asia?

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Air is not too bad here. Xiamen is one of the cleanest cities in China, average pollution levels for europe. I keep the car parked indoor all day and out for the night.
I am starting to think that during the typhoon last month water may have leaked into the ventilation system and soaked the filter, which then developed mold and bacteria.
My other cars never had this problem, except for the Malibu, which is famous for having the A/C smell as standard feature. Actually that smell was one of the reasons I sold it.....
Sponsored